Hacking Question Opening the hekate menu without going into cfw

hatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am new to hacking switches, i just recently got mine.
The question is, whenever i inject the hekate playload with the pc, the switch launches into the ofw, however, i want to get into this menu in order to power it off ( for real ) since it's in auto rcm mode.
Thanks for the help.

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you use Atmosphere? If so, then you can just perform a regular shutdown. Since version 0.8.4 it will shutdown your Switch completely and not reboot into rcm mode.

But to answer your question:
You can skip auto boot by pressing and holiding the minus button on startup.

You can also deactivate autoboot completely, by editing bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini on your SD card. Set autoboot to 0.

Last edited by Taorn,

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the switch shouldn't be booting into ofw after injecting hekate payload. If autoboot was on it should be going into cfw right?

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India

micky johnston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine isn't hackable but when I
Attempt to boot into a payload it just stays on a black screen and won't boot into ofw until I hold the power button for 15 seconds.

Could this possibly be when initially setting up the payload you chose to boot into ofw under the autoboot option. Next time try booting up holding the vol down key I think then going into options/autoboot and choosing cfw instead of ofw

hatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the switch shouldn't be booting into ofw after injecting hekate payload. If autoboot was on it should be going into cfw right?

Like Phillyxx said, i just made a typing mistake, yes my switch launches into CFW when i inject the playload ( someone else hacked it for me and i am a little lost here )

It seems like the answer to my problem is this autoboot thing, i'm googling it right now

hatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Follow my suggestion. Boot with hekake holding vol down. Go to options then auto boot and choose cfw instead of ofw

My switch is configured that way ( for, i guess ? ) because that's what happens whever i inject a playload.
I want to try the opposite and choose ofw, however, if i do so, will my nsp games still work ?
The only difference from what i might know is that i will have the normal "album" instead of the cfw menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.