Homebrew OPEN_AGB_FIRM discussion thread

Mizuuugi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so im having a couple of problems and im not sure where to ask,
Im getting a little bit of lag on certain games. specifically pokemon fire red whenever i enter a new area and slime no more from dq on really random occasions, I downloaded the latest version but still nothing has been fixed(april 25th). Another thing is that my headphones wont connect. whenever i connect them the sound just comes out of the system like i never connected my headphones
Im not sure if these are known issues but anyways id be happy if you guys know of a way to help me with this

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another thing is that my headphones wont connect. whenever i connect them the sound just comes out of the system like i never connected my headphones
Im not sure if these are known issues
You could at least read the last page of posts, and perhaps find out..?

Headphone support was fixed in August, so one of the new nightly builds should work.

Mizuuugi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could at least read the last page of posts, and perhaps find out..?

Headphone support was fixed in August, so one of the new nightly builds should work.

Ive tried downloading to the one from august on the main page of this thread, the headphone problem still pressists
Not sure if i uinstalled the other version incorrectly or installed this one incorrectly, either way it doesnt work

Ill try to download it again from the last page of posts tomorrow

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive tried downloading to the one from august on the main page of this thread, the headphone problem still pressists
Not sure if i uinstalled the other version incorrectly or installed this one incorrectly, either way it doesnt work

Ill try to download it again from the last page of posts tomorrow
Does the headphones issue still happen when using other apps and games on your 3ds?

Mizuuugi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the headphones issue still happen when using other apps and games on your 3ds?
Nope just on openagb
Post automatically merged:

i just redownloaded everything again and the headphones jack suddenly works, not too sure why
though i do still get a little bit of lag and not too sure why
Post automatically merged:

If you're referring to , that's August 2022!
Ty i checked i downloaded it and it fixed the headphone problem but im still getting a little lag
Not sure if its a hardware failure or what

Last edited by Mizuuugi,

Mizuuugi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have not told us what lag means because the games run on real hardware so they actually run how they are supposed to.
im getting random lag spikes in certain places, pretty common in new areas, If it runs off of hardware then it might just be my 3ds thats choking but i just wanna make sure since i dont really wanna blow 100 bucks on a new one if i dont have to

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did some people tinker enough with the video settings to find a decent combination for early GBA games, wich were very colourful and bright to deal with the original console's dark screen?

PS: what does the hardware scaling? Simple blowing up of the video?

edit:I've read thatopen agb firm is supposed to read ips/ups files and patch roms (same name) on the fly. The last update on the g ithub doesn't seem to do so based on several tests of mine. Where are the newer updates nowadays?
edit2: found one that includes IPS patching in this thread (100ko version, the older one was 92or93 ko), thanks to the publisher. But is there a location to find later updates?

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Rya687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
im getting random lag spikes in certain places, pretty common in new areas, If it runs off of hardware then it might just be my 3ds thats choking but i just wanna make sure since i dont really wanna blow 100 bucks on a new one if i dont have to
This is just a guess coming from someone who doesn't know much about this, but maybe your SD card's reading speed is too slow? It's not normal for something like this to happen, seeing how this software allows GBA games to be run natively rather than through emulation.

Mizuuugi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a guess coming from someone who doesn't know much about this, but maybe your SD card's reading speed is too slow? It's not normal for something like this to happen, seeing how this software allows GBA games to be run natively rather than through emulation.
this is the one i have, i have another one but it didnt make much of a difference

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 16

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
it is slow but don't think the 3ds sd module is even able to offer that sd card speeds.
About gba colors, as hard to believe it might be, to have much better colors, try creating a black picture with 50% transparency, then load it using retroarch as if it were a overlay, and colors are much better, instead of toons they look like actual games.
I wonder if using a dark transparent screen protector ir something similar can have similar results ^^... that or mess with the game palets using a rom editor. Or using other portable devices everybody got able to emulate gba

Rya687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The same card reader? You mean the one inside the 3ds?
No, but that image you posted looks like it belongs to a microSD card. Obviously, the 3DS can't directly read those, so if you're using that, you must have put it in an adapter and inserted that (I guess that's a better term). So were you using two microSD cards with the same adapter?

Mizuuugi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but that image you posted looks like it belongs to a microSD card. Obviously, the 3DS can't directly read those, so if you're using that, you must have put it in an adapter and inserted that (I guess that's a better term). So were you using two microSD cards with the same adapter?
Oh i have a new 3ds, it has a microsdcard reader

Rya687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Oh i have a new 3ds, it has a microsdcard reader
Oh, it does? Huh. I actually didn't know that.

In that case, I really don't know what's wrong. Unless both of your microSD cards are bad. I would assume other people don't have the same problem with those games.

Rya687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The SD card doesn't matter after loading the game. The game runs entirely from external RAM.
Well, in that case, I have no clue at all what's up. Does anyone else have the same problems? If not, maybe their 3DS really is going bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo