OoTHax on New 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lordbarker, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Lordbarker
    OP

Lordbarker Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    Hi all,

Does this work on a New system? I have a New 3DS on 9.9 and wondered if this was a better option that Browser Hax, seeing as I have the game cart already? Also, can only seem to find outdated Ocarina guides, is there anything recent about?

Thanks so much

2. Woody8275

Woody8275 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2013
    to install oothax you must not have a save file for oot and need another hax to install it
    you should use the browser to install it

3. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    Yes it does. Basically, you just have to download the starter kit from smea's 3ds github page, boot into HBL via browserhax or any other hax you have then install the oot3dhax using HBL.

4. Woody8275

Woody8275 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2013
  5. Lordbarker
    OP

Lordbarker Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks, cool. I thought it was a replacement for Browserhax for some reason!

6. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    It is actually, browserhax is mostly used for the initial entry for HBL if you dont have Cubic Ninja. Once you install any hax other than browserhax, then pretty much you wont use browserhax ever again. You might want to consider installing Menuhax just incase you haven't heard of it, it's also included in the starter kit.

7. Lordbarker
    OP

Lordbarker Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks, I take it I can't use oothax as an entry point unless I have a Powersave device right?

8. TehVillylol

TehVillylol Plant tree all day everyday

Dec 6, 2015
    Smashvill
    You can!
    In starter pack you will have oothax installer, insert your oot cart, and put in ur version and you can use oothax

9. Roboman

Roboman GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Hey this thread is best suited for the homebrew development and emulators forum ;)

10. Lordbarker
    OP

Lordbarker Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    Oh right I thought I needed browser hax or a powersave device to copy the save across surely? I didn't think I could use it initially on a vanilla system?

11. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Team Skull ☠️Grunt☠️

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Yes you will need to use powersaves or browserhax to inject the saves.

12. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    If you have a friend with an already hacked 3DS (CFW or otherwise), you could also do that to install OoTHax if you can't get browserhax to work. If the firmware version on your 3DS differs from your friend's though, you will probably need to do a manual install instead of letting the installer download a payload.

13. Lordbarker
    OP

Lordbarker Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    That's what I thought, thanks guys. I'm on 9.9 E on my new 3ds so if I can't get the dns and being quick on browser hax I'll pick up a powersave device from Amazon. I think I spotted I could download the correct region and firmware save from the creator of the oothax' site.

I assume one of the datel power play adopters that has the Pokemon saves on would be okay? Assume it's not just for Pokemon despite the branding?

Last edited by Lordbarker, Feb 2, 2016
  14. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Team Skull ☠️Grunt☠️

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Yes that one would be okay.