OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Today, OnLive users can unplug their computers from hard Ethernet connections for the first time. As of this afternoon, the online game-streaming service flipped the switch on its Wi-Fi beta for all PC and Mac owners. It can be accessed merely by firing up a Wi-Fi connected machine and selecting the Wi-Fi beta button from the OnLive menu.

OnLive said that the beta "works well over most wireless networks that can sustain at least 3 Mbps." If the signal is interrupted, players have five minutes to jump right back into the game and continue where they left off. After that, any unsaved game progress is lost. More information on the Wi-Fi beta can be found at the OnLive Wi-Fi FAQ.

In other OnLive news, earlier this month, the ambitious start-up extended its Founding Members Program through the end of the year. Sponsored by AT&T, the program offers gamers a completely free one-year membership to the service. Gamers who participate in the program will also be eligible to receive a second-year monthly subscription rate of $4.95.

The Founding Members Program is currently the only subscription package available for OnLive, which will cost an undetermined amount per month starting January 1. A $15 monthly rate had been announced when the service went live during the Electronic Entertainment Expo but has since been retracted.

Currently, OnLive offers three different ways for players to access games themselves. The Full PlayPass gives players unfettered access to a game for the duration of its presence on OnLive (minimum three years). Five-day and three-day passes are also available, with prices varying with each game.

Source

I don't think this will be the future of gaming, but it's a nice try, people still like their consoles and physical media too much.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to test this out this week some time. I'm glad I got in when they had the early adopters program my whole first year is free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol