Hacking Online with Hacked stuff?

ceelo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havnt really seen any discussion about this so thought id risk looking like an ass.. here goes:

Is it fine for use who have like... Injected channels, custom channels and the like to go play online games like Mario Kart and Medal of Honor? or Should I have to uninstall those first?

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that they're too stupid, it's the lack of ability. What are they gonna do, ban your Wii? When you turn it on, a big
frown.gif
is gonna show up on the middle of the screen?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
It's not that they're too stupid, it's the lack of ability. What are they gonna do, ban your Wii? When you turn it on, a big
frown.gif
downfacerl4.png

dammit skawo! You beat me...sort of...

lol I dare you to reply!
tongue.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
lostsoul5673 said:
MystikEkoez said:
frown.gif
downfacerl4.png

dammit skawo! You beat me...sort of...

lol I dare you to reply!
tongue.gif
Nah...I had other idea to funny screen, but since I have nothing to show, I'll just show this

YOU'LL GET THIS OPTION IN YOUR WII
warningsf8.jpg

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll never understand the mentality of people that want to cheat in competitive play. There's no satisfaction is you don't earn the win, or any fun.

The only fun one can obtain is if they enjoy being a troll/asshole, because no one in real-life likes them.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ceelo said:
I havnt really seen any discussion about this so thought id risk looking like an ass.. here goes:

Is it fine for use who have like... Injected channels, custom channels and the like to go play online games like Mario Kart and Medal of Honor? or Should I have to uninstall those first?

Putting the children's responses aside, this has been discussed multiple times. At this time if Nintendo can do anything, they are not. Or ... they can't do anything about it. Either way you are totally safe.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo can't see your Wii at all, so everything's safe. If they really wanted to then you'd see someone come to your door and have a look at it. But the chances of that are really, really small.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankly, they've never been one to beat a dead horse.

Instead of making improvements on current projects, they release new ones to make up for it.

The Wii and DS are the first exceptions to this, as they have the ability to provide patches for these consoles.

QUOTE said:
Nintendo can't see your Wii at all, so everything's safe. If they really wanted to then you'd see someone come to your door and have a look at it. But the chances of that are really, really small.

Um... you do realize all of the games are hosted on their private servers, right?

They have as much access as Microsoft or Sony do on their consoles.

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
Those games can't see what's on your Wii.
But the Nintendo Channel can, so perhaps you should be more careful with that
The Nintendo Channel can see channels and that...But i've already sent data about the American version of Defend your Castle and nothing has happened. They can't do anything to your Wii, even if they can see it.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
kedest said:
The Nintendo Channel can see channels and that...But i've already sent data about the American version of Defend your Castle and nothing has happened. They can't do anything to your Wii, even if they can see it.

Um.... actually, they could send you a cease and desist letter, just as easily as the RIAA and movie studios do...

You aren't immune from anything on the internet.

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
Livin in a box said:
kedest said:

Um.... actually, they could send you a cease and desist letter, just as easily as the RIAA and movie studios do...

You aren't immune from anything on the internet.
I doubt they'd so it though.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
I doubt they'd so it though.

Uh.... don't underestimate Nintendo's legal department.

They have taken down more sites and piracy groups than any other company.

InsaneMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can't really do anything to your Wii unless you accept it. If you didn't and you Wii got bricked, wouldn't that be...vandalism, which is illegal?
ohmy.gif

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InsaneMonkey said:
They can't really do anything to your Wii unless you accept it. If you didn't and you Wii got bricked, wouldn't that be...vandalism, which is illegal?
ohmy.gif

The FCC and similar regulatory organizations around the world that any consumer device is required to accept any transmission within the frequency the device operates. Thus, you can't sue cordless phone makers for making phones within the 900Mhz and 2.4Ghz ranges for interfering with your DSL and WiFi, respectively.

Nintendo also holds certain statues of intellectual property rights that state they are allowed to protect their intellectual property via any means necessary. This primarily outlines their legal reach, but also extends to product updates.

If they were to release something that would brick a Wii(a very unlikely occurrance for an unmodified Wii), it would be followed by appropriate measures to correct it. But, if you modify your Wii by using 3rd party hardware and software to circumvent, enhance, or otherwise alter the operation of the console, then you've already voided your warranty and they won't be accountable.

So, if your Wii were to get bricked from hacking online play, not only would they not be accountable for your loss, but they could actually sue you for damages. Blizzard quotes about $25,000 per infraction and I'm pretty sure that's the going rate everywhere.

Always remember to read the fine print... especially if you're going to spew misinformation on a forum so callously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Made in China is back to what it was in the 80s lol +1