Online-trends.net scam?

King_Knoedel Jun 19, 2018.

1. Theeze

Theeze Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    Canada
    Not a scam, ordered about 5pm eastern time, got it the next day around 4am and the code works

2. lukhart

lukhart GBAtemp Stand User

May 10, 2018
    Brazil
    I'm getting the same error too, strange...

3. Topdod

Topdod Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2010
    I registered fine but the check out is also fucking broken.
    Trying to check out just leads to the shopping cart which for some reason has all the checkout shit below but it's busted and doesn't ask for card details and then the few times the check out DID take me to the check out page it it still didn't work and woudn't let me put in any card details. Then another time I couldn't sign in without first clearing cookies related to the site. Never before have I had such a pain in the ass trying to give a shop my money.
    Even now it says SX OS in stock but if you try to add to cart it tells you it's out of stock.
    Tried different browsers, different computers and a phone with no difference at all.

4. lukhart

lukhart GBAtemp Stand User

May 10, 2018
    Brazil
    Same here. I believe they'll only take more orders on Monday

5. Nemean

Nemean Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    They just cancelled my order for some reason anybody else had this?

6. ekosfer147

ekosfer147 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2018
    Turkey
    just buy from sxflashcard I bought and 5 mins later I got my licence

7. EnemyEZ

EnemyEZ Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2018
    United States
    I spent the past 20 minutes trying to buy from Online-Trends (mainly because the site is secure), but its really slow and it won't let me make an account, enter a voucher code, or purchase anything.

EDIT: I gave up and bought from sxflashcard. The payment process was fast and easy, and I received a notification email that it went through. The live chat is offline, and I still haven't been sent a key, so if you do order from them I guess do it early in the day/not on Sundays. I'm not too worried as it seems significantly more trustworthy than axiogame.

EDIT 2: 2.5 hours after purchase the Live chat briefly went online. I gave "Lisa" my order reference and received a code. Overall the only negative thing I have to say about sxflashcard is that they have weak payment security (if you buy from them I recommend using a prepaid Visa card).

Last edited by EnemyEZ, Jun 25, 2018
  8. Nemean

Nemean Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Honestly from my experience I would avoid. They told me mine would be shipped Friday and then said it would now be 1st July and have now cancelled my order so not a great company I wouldn't mind but as its the pro its a nightmare to get anytime soon.

9. trOublie

trOublie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2007
    Brazil
    Their website has some problems in fact. To buy something you need to add it to the cart (without any account logged in, mainly because it is impossible to login) and complete your purchase creating a new account.

10. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Sitting in sunny spain gaming on the beach ordered from them June 14th . playing backups since 17th . God bless um.

11. Addconsult

Addconsult Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    Sweden
    Ordered a key a few hours ago. Got it now. Payed with Mastercard so instant "confirmation" of payment.

12. Connorsdad

Connorsdad GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2017
    I purchased 11 hours ago, my order status says "cancelled", I contacted them and they responded straight away telling me my order wasn't cancelled. Just have to play the waiting game :/

Edit
    Now 25 hours ago and it still says cancelled, not looking good.

Last edited by Connorsdad, Jun 26, 2018
  13. bawzy

bawzy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    I had a LOT of trouble buying from online-trends. Any credit card, Visa or MC, that I tried would fail immediately. So then I tried Litecoin payment, which gives you 15 minutes to send, I sent it within 5 minutes, then it failed too. Fortunately it was refunded back to me because I put my deposit address in. Then I tried it again and it said Litecoin could not be accepted! So I waited about an hour, and tried one more time, this time it let the payment go through and I got a confirmation page with an order number. However my order history still does not show the successful order, only the previous failed attempts. I know I have to be patient, but wow this is such a major hassle just to buy a damm code.

Edit: Actually got my code 1 hour later. Once you get through the initial trouble, they are quick it seems.

Last edited by bawzy, Jun 26, 2018
  14. mike1321

mike1321 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2012
    I'm haveing a bit of a problem now with them paid for a code they cancelled my order and I had no contact with them sent about 6 messages

15. Connorsdad

Connorsdad GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2017
    Same issue here, I did eventually get my code after nearly 2 days. I'd recommend shopping elsewhere.

16. mike1321

mike1321 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2012
    I think I will don't think I will get a refund I will send another message tomorrow I see if I get a reply

17. j2nik

j2nik Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Sweden
    I bought the SX PRO through Online-Trends last Thursday.
    Am I supposed to recieve the code inside the package when it finally arrives? Because I haven't gotten anything.

18. FaL0xxo

FaL0xxo Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Yes, I ordered June 16th and asked for the License early while I wait for the hardware. Said it's inside the box so now the long wait....

j2nik likes this.
  19. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    you can use the dongle to upload payloads to any switch, but you can only use the backup loader functionality on the switch which generated the license_request.dat and which you then processed your license key against as the license.dat file used to authorise the os backup feature is console specific

20. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    btw ordered sxos from online trends this evening and received the code via email about 20minutes later

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted