astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just bought an extremely old looking (yellowed plastic) SNES with two controllers and all the cables for $40 and shipping. It has 6 games (Actraiser (never played, but the game was pretty good on my emulator), Street Fighter 2...and a couple of no name games). I also added Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3 and Starfox (found it in a pawn shop up here)!

What other games should I add?

I know that games like:
Earthbound (I had a copy, and ended up selling it to a collector - I ran across it after my SNES stopped working)
Final Fantasy 3 (played it, beat it...not really my thing)
Super Punch Out
Smash TV (will probably pick it up, but it's expensive...!)

Any other games I should check out?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MegaMan X 1,2 and 3.

Jurassic Park 2, if you want a really hard game.

Claymates

and of course Super Mario World and SMW2: Yoshi's island.

aaaand the Donkey Kong Country games.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.....................zelda, link to the past? one of the best adventure games of all time, i say.
i also loved super mario all-stars.
one of my friends really loved mario paint, and you can find youtube videos of people covering things with mario paint composer.
if you beat ff3us, and didn't think it was hot stuff, there's not much else i've tried that i could recommend ><

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super...(North_America)

edit: wow that wikipedia list is truncated. but there are many similar (accurate) lists where you can find info about genres, publishers, or series you know you like.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm collecting old SNES games too atm, just can't seem to find the Donkey Kong games, Chrono Trigger, the Lufia series and the Tales of series or SF2 anywhere for a decent price.. (I'm not paying 90euro's for a fking snes game, like here on some dutch ebay alternative)

I do have the Super Mario World 1 + 2. And super mario allstars, without smw. Super Mario kart, Zelda Link to the Past and Mario Paint, but I still need to find a SNES mouse for it.
Those games have my recomendations
smile.gif

Oh, and while we're at it, the final fantasy games, and the Breath of Fire games are worth it too btw. Still haven't found those either.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wabsta, my list looks like a "who's who" of fighting games. Seriously disturbed, since I'm not a great fighting game player. (Killer Instinct, MK 1-3, Street Fighter 2 (probably would get the Hyper Fighting edition...)

Just remembered about TMNT Turtles in Time for that game. Fucking amazing.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte