Online Play Help

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Omegadash, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Omegadash
    OP

Omegadash Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2013
    I need a suggested course of action for my stock 5.5.1 Wii U. I would like to play a backup of Bayonetta 2 online (Tag Climax) but am not too sure how best to do this.

So far I have read that I need to install the game to play it online, can this be USB or does it have to be System Memory? Also what is needed on the Wii U first before I can start installing games from my PC to it, is Haxchi a must?

On top of all of this, how safe is it to play backups online?

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Ok so first of all it's 100% safe to play backups online but you need to have a CFW (custom firmware) to do this the easiest one to use is called Mocha and the best one is haxchi. Both cam be found by searching the site. For mocha you just need some files on the sd card for haxchi you need to buy a DS game from the eshop and then modify it.

Last edited by Marko76, Feb 8, 2017
    Omegadash likes this.
  3. Omegadash
    OP

Omegadash Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Awesome, thank you for the response. Can I install to USB as well and what happens to the game when the CFW isn't active?

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    sorry yes you can use USB and you can install the games without cfw they just won't start. It gives a message saying something like this if memory serves me right.

This game was installed using a different nnid please delete the game.
    SO cfw needs to be run each time you want to play the non ligit games

Last edited by Marko76, Feb 8, 2017
    Omegadash likes this.
  5. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States

Omegadash likes this.