Hacking One last question before gettin a Cyclo DS

klaw224

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can it play on wi-fi? ex. I get mario kart for my cyclo DS does that mean i can play Wi-fi using it?

And how many games/movies can a 2 gb kingston store? how about a 4gb kingston?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
klaw224 said:
Sir-Fritz said:
I don think people realise that games come in different sizes.

Cant you at least make an estimate?

Around 20 games on a 2GB MicroSD.

I don't know how well the movies are compressed when they get converted to .dpg, so I can't give you an estimate on that.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Movies (90-100 min long) vary from 200 MB to 300 MB when converted on default/better quality to .dpg..

About the games..The bigest game you can find at the time is 256 MB big (but there are only few, and JAP only!!), usually game size is from 32 MB - 128 MB..
If you use 2 GB card, and you want to fill it up, you can fit 20 games at least (but that's just if all games have 128 MB), take in consideration that you'll probably have some media on (music, movies, pictures, eBooks), and that all your ROMs will be trimmed, you can fit one or two movies, one or two music albums, bunch of pictures, few eBooks and up to 20-30 average games with no problem!!

klaw224

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Movies (90-100 min long) vary from 200 MB to 300 MB when converted on default/better quality to .dpg..

About the games..The bigest game you can find at the time is 256 MB big (but there are only few, and JAP only!!), usually game size is from 32 MB - 128 MB..
If you use 2 GB card, and you want to fill it up, you can fit 20 games at least (but that's just if all games have 128 MB), take in consideration that you'll probably have some media on (music, movies, pictures, eBooks), and that all your ROMs will be trimmed, you can fit one or two movies, one or two music albums, bunch of pictures, few eBooks and up to 20-30 average games with no problem!!

hmmmm seeing that makes me want to get a 4 gb Micro SD card.ill prolly get up to 30 games i think and load it up with 1 movie and get DSOrganize, Pocket physics and Warcraft TD
biggrin.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, with 4GB microSD, you'll probably have most of your favorite games on, few movies and all homebrews you can find!!
You'll see, 4 GB is more than enough, but if you get chance, go with the biggest microSD you can find!! (there is always use of a free space!!)

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
klaw224 said:
Sir-Fritz said:
I don think people realise that games come in different sizes.

Cant you at least make an estimate?

Around 20 games on a 2GB MicroSD.

I don't know how well the movies are compressed when they get converted to .dpg, so I can't give you an estimate on that.

I think it's more, about 40

klaw224

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, with 4GB microSD, you'll probably have most of your favorite games on, few movies and all homebrews you can find!!
You'll see, 4 GB is more than enough, but if you get chance, go with the biggest microSD you can find!! (there is always use of a free space!!)

Oh man im so excited
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....