Hacking on 553, why does it need an update?

moto4mods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, had to grab a temp account just for this question. I'm using indexiine to load MochaCFW after every boot. I had a buddy get me BoTW installed on my Wii U. Don't tell me how, just do it. Knowing he had the disc, I assume he just dumped it with disc2app. Now here's the kicker, when it launched, it said it needed an update. Ok, dually noted, skip... Awesome, about to click start on Zelda, when.... This game requires a system update. The software will now close.

So long story short, I was pretty damn sure 5.5.3 was the latest in the US, am I mistaken, and 5.5.4 is needed? Can I update safely since I'm only using indexiine? Should I restore backup of the indexiine page?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, had to grab a temp account just for this question. I'm using indexiine to load MochaCFW after every boot. I had a buddy get me BoTW installed on my Wii U. Don't tell me how, just do it. Knowing he had the disc, I assume he just dumped it with disc2app. Now here's the kicker, when it launched, it said it needed an update. Ok, dually noted, skip... Awesome, about to click start on Zelda, when.... This game requires a system update. The software will now close.

So long story short, I was pretty damn sure 5.5.3 was the latest in the US, am I mistaken, and 5.5.4 is needed? Can I update safely since I'm only using indexiine? Should I restore backup of the indexiine page?
It's not needed but won't hurt your CFW

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you might be on frankenfirmware where one of the titles wasn't updated last time. I don't think any game should ask for an update on that firmware. I'm not even sure if you need anything beyond 5.5.1, which is what I'm on. I've never had any problems with any game.

moto4mods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've spent the better part of the day trying to get it working, still haven't updated the game. I went and opened it, no mocha needed cause no DLC. Game loads just fine (after warning needs game update) then says tap gamepad to play. Right before I can, it tells me I need a "SYSTEM UPDATE" not a game update, as it warned that moments earlier, still in the home menu. Went to settings, clicked update while on 5.5.3 U, it says latest as I thought.

No clue what to do, bout to update the game via wup GX2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you sure the message means the firmware? If 5.5.3 is the latest, then it means obviously the game.
Also, please read my whole post, not just part of it, before responding.

Another problem I have, is that I'm like 99% sure the game is older than the firmware I'm on, which the system settings tells me is 5.5.3 U, and tells me it's the latest when I attempt update.

I don't feel it's relevant, but i am not new to modding, and was able to use Wii Flow to inject all saves backed up from loader GX via emuNAND, I have installed downloaded games, all games updates DLCs Wii GCN injects, literally everything has worked flawlessly (maybe after a few initial hiccups). This makes 0% sense to me. I'm on a firmware newer than the game, and it claims I need an update newer than what Nintendo can give me.

Last edited by moto4mods,

moto4mods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I finally figured it out. I got the update data from nusgrabber, and for some reason it was under 3Gb. So I popped the download where it would go for USB Helper, and tried to download it with the existing update already there. It tried to check the integrity of the files, and sure enough, it downloaded (I guess what was the rest of) the update. It went from 2.89 to 3.01Gb in size, and finally installed properly. I had issues installing it before, it must have been corrupt.

Why any of this is relevant, because for some reason the game required a system update before the game itself was updated, but afterwards, it no longer required the update. I wish I could get a screenshot of it, but no way in hell I'm uninstalling and reinstalling close to 16Gb total of content just to get the proof, just take my word for it, apply all DAY ONE patches if you have this issue as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.