Hacking OMG (xl problems)

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i spent 30 mins this moring looking for the guide that tells you how to upgrade you acekard so it will work with a dsi, and couldnt find anything
frown.gif

now i have a dsi (xl) but my acekard doesnt work in it, and i cant update it myself, and i dont know anyone who has a lite.

so... are my options just buy a new one, or ask a stranger?!

and where is that guide?!?! (i found it on accident a while ago, could have sworn it was stickied, but after 30 mins i gave up)

thanks for the help ):
frown.gif
hate2.gif

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL ask a family member! (this is why i love this place)
ide have better mailing obama about it!

i would send it to you... but i wouldnt... (sorz) thanks for the offer though!

(still where can i find that guide?)

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also written a guide, it's much shorter though and it only covers the installation process.
(Here.)

Have any friends at GameStop/EB? Maybe they'll let you borrow or "test" a used DS Lite.
Some people have actually just bought and returned them to do the flash update.

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thans for the guide... how did i miss it??!?!
@above lol no i hate gamestop o.o i bought a game from them for 50$, returned it 8 days later, and boom, i get 8$!!!!
but buying one for a day lol, sounds like a plan xD (now how am i going to get 100+ dolars though... or convince my parents to buy a dsl, the day after i got my, xl)

anyways, so i have no options? is there a way to... no$gba? anything?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Sorry. I can't believe you don't know anyone with a DSi with a firmware lower than 1.4, or a person with a DS Phat, or DSL. Either way, I would try to find someone, ask to test out a DSL from Gamestop, or buy a new updated one. (The last one is if all else fails.)

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying a preupdated one might be cheaper if there is a no refund policy (i.e. they force exchange or store credit on return).. these things can vary state by state I think, at least I remember that cash or store credit policies tend to

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well, i guess ill just save up and buy the AMAZING, DSTWO!!!!!!!! (just cus it has gba...)

or is it not worth it? (asuming i get the acekard working?)

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that really depends on your rate of income whether or not it is worth it..

If you get $20 weekly, I don't think it's worth it YET if it's possible for you to get the acekard working..
But based on that notion, lets say next week you have a total of $40, then you would be able to buy a DSTwo and perhaps more features would be working or existing features working better at that time.
But when you do have the money for it, if you find a way to update your acekard, I would personally wait a while. I mean, I am personally waiting, honestly.

I may not be on as strict a budget as my example, but I'm still quite satisfied with my AK2i. There are some SNES games and GBA games I'd LOVE to play on my XL, but (aside from the fact I have an iPlayer if I really want to do those things on my XL), emulation is still emulation, and my computer's emu's just do it better than a somewhat buggy plugin or a homebrew. With the sheer number of games and homebrews available for JUST the DS, I won't spend the money until the DSTwo does what was originally advertised. As for the $40 I previously spent on the iPlayer, there are "reasons" I did that, and it still does something the DSTwo doesn't (hardware decode video playback), so I'm not devastated that I got conned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: