OMG NEED HELP WII FULLY BRICKED

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by manofsteelwb, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009
  1. manofsteelwb
    OP

Newcomer manofsteelwb Member

United States
    ok so i have DL games and playing them with backup launcher for a while. I have a wii 3.2u. I realy wanted to play The ghostbusters Video Game and so i installed the IOS38-64-v3610.wad the launched the game from the disc channel. It worked fine so i tried My other copied game And the disc channel told me to update. I went against my better jugement and did so. My wii Black out and now when i turn it on nothing happens no safty/health nothing I have the TP hack and the orignal disk i used. Please for the love of everything holy can some1 tell me how to unbrick it without sending it in. [​IMG] BEFORE MY WIFE KILLS ME.

2. ntt4

Newcomer ntt4 Member

United States
    Do you have preloader or bootmii installed ?

3. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    I suppose you installed one "of-region" update... [​IMG]

4. manofsteelwb
    OP

United States
    saddly no will the gc controller thing work?

Posts merged

i didnt know what update it was sorry

5. ntt4

Newcomer ntt4 Member

United States
    Im basing my info from a few months back, but I wouldn't get your hopes up tbh

6. manofsteelwb
    OP

United States
    So is sending back to nintendo the only way out it and would they even fix it since i have homebrew on there and backup launcher

7. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    You could try it. Some are recoverable through this, others are not. It's no big deal and takes you... say 10 minutes.

8. manofsteelwb
    OP

United States
    i read if u cant even get a video output it wouldnt work but im willing to try anything do i need to DL any files and how do i go about trying to fix it lol

9. manofsteelwb
    OP

United States
    i wounder what happened to make it brick?

10. Scarfish

Member Scarfish GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I've had a full brick lately. No videosignal either and no way to get into the Wii. I went to Ninty, said that I lost power during an update and he was gonna look it up. 5 mins later he returned with a new Wii since he wasn't able to get into it [​IMG].

11. 25164963

Newcomer 25164963 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    try using the savemiifrii by holding all 4 directions on a gc controller in port 4 and using a game with a 4.3 update on it and update ur wii that way to get back into you system menu or failing that get a mod chip installed and use a homebrew disk or autoboot wad manager.

or if you can wait a while if you can get into the savemiifrii recovery menu then you could always wait for the brawl exploit which is what i am currently doing at this present time as i don't want to pay out for a mod chip as i can autoboot legit games from the system menu

or if you still have tp hack on you system save menu you could always load up loz:tp from the savemiifrii and use that to get back into homebrew

12. Scarfish

Member Scarfish GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    If Savemiifrii isn't working and he wont even get a video signal he's probably screwed. I cant think of a modchip which could help you here (only one I can think of is Infectus but you need a backup of the nand and program it with this chip back).