Oldest game you remember beating?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by kenenthk, Aug 2, 2014.

1. kenenthk
    OP

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    What was is? Mine would be...

[​IMG]

I felt so happy when I got through it.

MXninjaXM likes this.

2. Ergo

Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    United States
    Does rolling over the score in Asteroids on Atari 2600 count?

felipecabralf likes this.
  3. DarkAce0

DarkAce0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2013
    New Zealand
    At work (mostly)
    Pokemon blue. Good times

4. RPG_Lover

RPG_Lover Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2010
    United States
    Adventure on the 2600. All 3 difficulties and finding the Easter egg (admittedly with a hint guide).

5. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 21, 2005
    United States

Hope so that that and Pinball (also on the Atari 2600) would be my answers. I also knew several patterns to follow, depending on the ghosts' movements, that would let you play Pacman indefinitely, but that's not really the same thing.

6. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Oldest game I played...
    Asteroids on a arcade cabinet.

Oldest game I finished...
    Guess SMB 1...

7. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Crash Bash, i think it was my first PSX game.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  8. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    [​IMG]

5-year-old me could not contain the hype. It got a lot of hate back in the day, but apparently I thought it was a decent game. I still do.

9. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Something on the SNES or N64. I can't recall much about the SNES except playing Mario Paint, so I imagine either Super Mario 64 or Super Smash Bros would be it.

10. matpower

matpower A Hero of Justice

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    Super Mario Bros for the NES, I don't pay a lot of attention to release dates, so I am guessing that this one is the oldest one :P

11. Sefi

Sefi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2005
    At first I was going to say Super Mario Bros. on NES, but I think that might not be right since I would always get stuck on 8-3 thanks to the hammer bros.

So I'm going to have to go with Dragon Warrior on NES. I got it for free in the mail with a Nintendo Power subscription that was given as a gift for my birthday, a few months after the Xmas that I got my Nintendo system. I had no idea what an RPG was but that didn't stop me! My sister and I liked killing the golems and metal slimes the most, so we would hunt those down endlessly and level up along the way. After a very long time of trial and error I finally beat it. It felt great to tell your friends that you actually beat a Nintendo game that wasn't Super Mario Bros. I probably beat it 10 more times to show various people the ending.

12. Foxchild

Foxchild Goomba Overlord

Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    I could keep a game of Atari Pinball going as long as I wanted, but I think the 1st game I beat that actually had an ending was SMB, followed soon after by Bionic Commando.

13. MXninjaXM

MXninjaXM Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2014
    United States
    Paper Walled Temple
    Well, oldest game I have beaten was Metal Gear a long time ago. First game i've ever beaten was Tak: the great juju challange for gba. fun game.

14. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Just to clarify, is this question asking "What is the Oldest (by date of a game's release) game you completed" or "What is the Oldest (meaning the very first you've played) game you remember beating in your youth"?

15. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    I had a Mattel Intellivision when I was 8 but I never beat any of the games because they were too hard. I remember hating E.T. after playing for 5 minutes. And I tried for hours to beat Bump N Jump but the races just kept coming and I gave up trying to reach the end.

So I guess the first game I actually beat was Diddy Kong Racing on N64.

16. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    This one is going to come as a shock to everyone and it wasn't Yoshi's Island.
    It was Super Mario 3.

17. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    Actually beating a game? Probably SMB on the NES? Before that you really couldn't beat games, you could just keep playing for the high score.

I think some older games had endings but I am hard pressed to remember any of them right off the top of my head.

As far as older games, playing Asteroids was pretty cool but no joystick... uuuggghh made it so hard, I mean I was already having to stand on a chair to play the thing damn it... Was so happy the newer games had joysticks and dials. (Loved Tempest, so fun!) Also <3 being tall enough to play games with no chair/stool needed!!! Growing up had its advantages!!! lol

I remember my older brother getting so mad at me... I can't help it I am a freak of nature and was better at video games at 4 than he was at 14... lol

18. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    [​IMG]

Having a gaem built into the system.

19. Kane49

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Mario for the Gameboy :)

20. zerofalcon

zerofalcon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    Somewhere close to my NES
    Ninja Gaiden for the NES... I was 9 years old, the good old times... I played some Atari 2600 games before, the only one I remember I finished was Enduro, I managed to reach the 5th day race.