Old3DS on 11.4 CFW Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Totakeke2, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Totakeke2
    OP

Totakeke2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    Hello Everyone!

So I have done some Googling and I have a question. I keep reading that if I update my O3DS to 11.5 I can use the DSiWare hack, correct? Well I have a second O3DS from a different region (Europe) that has Luma. Now if I change the region and download one of the needed games from free shop can I use this method to get CFW on my O3DS? My O3DS if from here in the USofA.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    No one that has changed the region of their system has reported a successful system transfer. That's not to say that it doesn't work, but that no one has posted about a successful attempt at it. Just an fyi.

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. raynelogens

raynelogens Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    I was curious about this as well since I have a JPN Old 3DS with CFW and my US Old 3DS on 11.4 (sadly). I'll just wait and hope some payloads are created soon for it.

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    More importantly, you cannot use a DSiWare game from freeShop to do the DSiWare method. The DSiWare game must be purchased from the eShop legitimately.

Quantumcat likes this.
  5. raynelogens

raynelogens Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    I'll just wait patiently lol

6. Totakeke2
    OP

Totakeke2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    Is there no other way?

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The DSiWare game has to be legally purchased and legitimately installed through the eShop. It clearly says this in the guide. If you do not do that, it will not transfer to the target 3DS during a system transfer.

In addition, I have no idea if region-changing the 3DS will allow it to system transfer with the other 3DS. Based on my understanding, my guess is it won't work.

8. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I think it has to do with Nintendo's servers. IIRC, a system transfer briefly connects to the servers, then disconnects if you do the local wireless method (or maybe even the Wi-Fi method, idk). There's probably something in Nintendo's servers that checks whether the system had the region changed or not or if the system belongs to that specific region. At least, that's my understanding of the process.

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    That was my thinking as well, but I've never read about anybody trying it.

10. Totakeke2
    OP

Totakeke2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    Ok no probs then!

On another note, is there a .cia or something that will let me install badges and themes from Nintendo? I don't want to create my own just use theirs