[Old3DS] Creating emuNAND and installing CFW - small question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FFT, Jun 15, 2016.

1. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Hi all,

At first I need to note that I don't want A9LH, it's great and all of that but the thing I want to achieve is menuhax w/ Luma3DS. I have already done Old3DS XL in the past with rxTools, but I want to get CFW on my second Old3DS (the first one). I've already downgraded from 10.5.0 to 9.2.0 and now I have a question because things are little different nowadays. I'm planning to achieve that this way:
    1. Create emuNAND with Gateway Ultra (browserhax).
    2. Install menuhax and ctr boot manager to sysNAND.
    3. Install Luma3DS and set it to launch in emuNAND.
    Is it ok to do it this way? And then, how I can inject FBI to H&S? I was doing this with rxTools in the past, how does it work today? Is there any app that does this from Homebrew Launcher? I'm sorry if I missed some tutorial, but most of them are for creating A9LH and some of them are outdated...

Thanks in advance.

2. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    It should work. Personally, I haven't tried Luma with ctrbootmanager, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work as long as both are configured properly.

3. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Ok, thanks for reply. But how about injecting FBI into H&S on emuNAND only?

4. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Use Plailect's A9LH Guide. It can help you achieve a Menuhax+RedNAND Setup just fine.
    Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Stop at Part 4, Section I, Step 26. This way you have proper backups of your RedNAND//EmuNAND, and your SysNAND, and have also injected FBI into your RedNAND//EmuNAND.

Then look into setting up CtrBootManager. Also, don't forget to change the Menuhax boot type to autoboot once you are done.

Also look into this to improve your menuhax bootrate:
    Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764/

And that's it.

'Don likes this.
  5. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Oh, I see now how it is done. Thank you!

6. fikatr
    This message by fikatr has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 15, 2016, Reason: We don't need any more A9LH fanboism -rp.
    Jun 15, 2016
  7. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Small update, everything done as I wanted. :) One more time, thanks Temptress Cerise for tips!

8. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
  9. FFT
    OP

FFT Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Thanks, but sadly I prefer manual updates. Still, thanks for all. :)