Old Wii DLC crashes WAD installers

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by pustal, Jul 9, 2016.

1. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    I was trying to get some DLC I had on my old Wii on my vWii (Guitar Hero and Rock Band DLC). I tried with YAWMM and Wand Manager 1.8 (German Mod) and the first crashes as soon as I open the folder and the second when I tell him to install a WAD. Why is that? What should I try?

Thanks in advance.

2. CJB100

CJB100 Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Is the DLC in .Wad form? I did not realize that.

Anyways, I would check to make sure the .wads are the only thing in the directory, and that you don't have any folders in or around the directory starting with . _ or any other special characters.

pustal and CreeperMario like this.
  3. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Yes in WAD. They are the only thing. They are in a separate directory (/wdlc) in the root of my SD but I have folders inside /wad. The file names are as following:

I can try to rename them all to something short and simple.

Edit:

I deleted those folders inside /wad and renamed the files as:
    I get the following error message btw:

[​IMG]

Last edited by pustal, Jul 9, 2016
  4. CJB100

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Not certain. But that's a typical code dump, it happens when too many resources have been eaten up. Someone else here might have an answer. You could search for yawmm crash, I think there was a similar post here a while back.

pustal likes this.
  5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    try this wad manager :
    http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/7241-YAWMM-DE-English-Translation/
    don't reload to cIOS, use AHB and IOS58 instead.

Also, don't try to install all wads at the same time, maybe one is bad and you'd better know which one it is.
    You also probably need to play the game first, so be sure you really have played all these music games once in vWii before installing DLCs.

pustal and CJB100 like this.
  6. CJB100

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    pustal likes this.
  7. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    EXACTLY THE SAME CODE DUMP I WAS RECEIVING!
    Did you use a Mac to copy the files? If so, that's your problem. Yet Another Wad Manager Mod incorrectly handles Mac metadata files.
    Insert your SD Card into your Mac, and open the terminal.
    Type the following command: "sudo find SD -name '._*' -type f -delete". Don't actually type SD in there, at this point, drag the SD Card from your Desktop to the Terminal.

pustal likes this.
  8. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Nop, I am using Windows 64. Not sure if I always had the files here or transferred them from a Linux machine, but I copied them unto the SD from a NTFS partition in Windows.

Alright, gonna try, the YAWMM I had in my SD was significantly bigger, seems like another compilation / version.

9. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    After going around decided to devide files in folders by game. The Guitar Hero 5 folder was the only still crashing when opened. Google around for a source of the same files and voilá. Seemed to be one of GH5 dlc, maybe corrupted file. Thanks again everyone.

CreeperMario and CJB100 like this.
  10. machoDongSavage

machoDongSavage Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2017
    United States
    Pustal, could you PM me? I need some help getting the DLC for The Beatles to work.