Homebrew Old version of Homebrew installed

Eric859

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My current situation:
I pulled my Wii out of storage. Haven't used it in a year or two. Now my family wants to start using it again. I had previously installed the Homebrew Channel and set it up to run from an SD card and play games from a USB attached drive. I plugged everything back in and it works exactly the way it did prior to shutting it down the last time. The Wii starts up and I choose Homebrew from the Wii desktop blocks. Homebrew starts and I see the apps that I've installed including the USB Loader that allows me to play my games from the attached hard drive. It's been so long that I can't remember how I did all this, but I did and it works.

Question:
1. I am running Homebrew Channel version 3.42 I think(my wife is on it now and I can't check). The apps installed within Homebrew have each successfully updated when I started them, but there's been nothing about an automatic update for the Homebrew Channel itself that has come up. Also, the Wii is telling me that there's an update from Nintendo to install, but I haven't done it yet. I understand that it may break Homebrew. How should I go about updating the Wii and Homebrew to bring this box up to spec? Should I install the Wii update first or update Homebrew Channel first? Shouldn't I just get an automated Homebrew message that it has an update or is there a different process now?

Anyone that can point me in the right direction here, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
Eric

Eric859

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just looked at the Homebrew version and it's 1.1.0 with IOS58 v24.31. If I go to Wii options it says v4.3u

Eric859

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This link gets me to download Letterbomb and it looks like I have to basically install Homebrew from scratch. Isn't there a way for Homebrew Channel to update itself if it's already installed or is my version too old to update to the newest version? Homebrew Browser was one of the first apps I started when I brought the system back online and it did update itself.

Also, since I have Homebrew installed already, will this safetly replace it if I follow the Letterbomb instructions here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Letterbomb?

Last edited by Eric859,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an internet connection set up on your Wii the HBC should auto-update. Otherwise, just reinstall it with the newest HackMii installer.

The homebrew browser isn't directly related to the HBC and I've never gotten it to work reliably.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.