Old Magazine collection sites

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Gamemaster1379, Jul 16, 2009.

Jul 16, 2009
  1. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've been looking all over for some websites or private collectors that'd be willing to purchase some old TIME, Life, or even some old Playboy magazines [​IMG] My grandfather died recently and he has a lot of these old magazines ranging from the 1950s up until 2000, and after looking up the prices, some fetch a pretty penny on the market. I've tried eBay and Amazon--but there were no interested parties...Then again, I seriously wonder why an average eBay customer would be willing to cough up even HALF of their market value (Which would be roughly $25,000 for half value ._.; ) So, it looks like I'm down to hunting out the millionaire freaks or website owners who have the money for this sort of thing. Out of all the owners I've even been able to find, I've gone nowhere. One offered $2 a magazine (which would give me roughly $100--if that, and his site resold them for $50-$250, so I'd much rather line a bird cage with them then sell them to him) and the other person just spontaneously stopped contacting me...so I guess I'm back at square one. I'd greatly appreciate if somebody could help me out if they know anything...who knows, maybe I'll reward 'ya with $50-$100. [​IMG]

2. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It'll take some effort but sort out the more valuable ones, put them in plastic protectors and take them to the swap meet/flea market to sell.

The worthless ones can go to the $2 per issue guy.

3. Gamemaster1379
    OP

United States
    The only "worthless ones" I have are no less than $25, and I've got roughly 40 years of magazines, so pawning them off for $2 can have a serious impact.

4. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I find it hard to believe that a issue of Time from 2000 is worth $25.

5. Gamemaster1379
    OP

United States
    ah, true. Most of them from the early 90s back to the 50s are, however.

6. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    do you have any antique shops in your area that buy Ephemera like that? look for a shop that sells antique stamps.