Hacking Old cioscorp to upgrade?

choochmac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complete noob here. Please be gentle, don't know much about the Wii etc. My son has wanted one fore quite awhile so I just purchased a used Wii was advertised as "softmod able to run backups". I thought "great" we won't waste money if he scratches new disks (he is only eight). Anyway, what I now know after doing some googling is that it is out of date. It is a Wii running 3.1 which must have some sort of cioscorp running on it. Now I am afraid he will not be able to play any new games we give him for Christmas and I don't have enough money to go get another Wii. Arghh!!

After much reading on the forums over the last two days I used bannerbomb to install Homebrew channel (it was not on the Wii) and made a NAND backup (which hopefully worked). I ran Syscheck and this is what I get. It doesn't list much and not the IOS249 which everyone is referring to. If I have an old version of CIOSCORP, shouldn't it be listed? If someone could please tell me based on this what I am dealing with I would appreciate it. I don't want to brick the Wii by trying to install/uninstall things without a clear plan of action.

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS36 (rev 1042).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 3.1U (v257)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 39136243
Boot2 v2

Found 62 titles.
Found 19 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS9 (rev 516): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 514): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 772): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 1042): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v5

Report generated on 2010/12/14.

If it has an old CIOSCORP version than I think I know what to do. Uninstall and then install new DARKCORP v1.1. Then I worry about upgrading system menu, right? In the end I want my son to just be able to put in a disk and play it without getting update messages, etc.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can keep the Cioscorp if all the games work. Just install priiloader and enable the block disk update

You should look into buying a USB hard drive and running your games off that. Its cheap and easy to use (more easy than disks)

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Based on that log, you have a stock 3.1 system with bootmii installed. Are you sure it doesn't have a chip? The seller may claim it's "softmod able to run backups", but there's no obvious softmod installed on that system.

You're probably best off just using ModMii to remod the thing. Just tell Modmii the console is virgin. After you finish modmii, it'll be up to date with the latest softmod. If you want, install DARKCORP after ModMii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/tP_4p2-HkOo?si=YA0-tpAzP26E-P66