Hardware Old 3DS F1 F2 fuses value

ghost04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi! I have a first model 3DS which doesn't charge. I have checked the continuity in the fuses and one of the smfuses seems to be blown. I have also tried soldering a bit of solder over the fuse and the console seem to charge after that. However, I don't think it's a great idea to run the console this way and it would be highly recommended that I replace the blown fuse. So, what I would like to know is the value of these fuses so I could buy another one. I have also found a sute which sells fuses specifically for tbhis matter, but they are overpriced and with the shipping included would cost about 20$. So can anyone help me with these values, please? Thanks in advance!

ghost04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I want to know the value of these fuses. As I told before with shipping cost to my country it would cost about 20$. And these microfuses don't cost more than 10-15 cents each.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to know the value of these fuses. As I told before with shipping cost to my country it would cost about 20$. And these microfuses don't cost more than 10-15 cents each.
I dont think if you know the price or not of them. You are going to either wait one very long time on getting them as you think they are priced. or take whats available to you as you are not the one that can dictate what price they are going to be sold at.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

ghost04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I dont think if you know the price or not of them. You are going to either wait one very long time on getting them as you think they are priced. or take whats available to you as you are not the one that can dictate what price they are going to be sold at.
I am not dictating the price. I know for a fact that these are the prices. Go search for 0603 fuses online and you'll see for yourself. The only thing that I need to know are the values of the fuse.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not dictating the price. I know for a fact that these are the prices. Go search for 0603 fuses online and you'll see for yourself. The only thing that I need to know are the values of the fuse.
The USD $0.50 price per a fuse is only if you buy in bulk by the thousands. For DIY hobbyists who only want a few, 1 fuse costs $1.34 at Digi-Key (shipping & handling not included). Price per a fuse from other electronic repair parts retailers are similar. Cheapest mailing option sent to my home (Florida) is $4.99 by USPS 1st class mail (ie, total comes out to $7.86 after tax). I don't know about you, but buying just 2x fuses doesn't leave much room for error replacing and soldering these in since they're pretty tiny and are easy to lose.

There's no real way to save yourself money because the most expensive part is spent on shipping. You might have better luck finding an online friend who can purchase the fuses at a much lower price if they live closer to the parts distribution center and is willing to resend them to you in (hopefully cheaper) stamped paper letter.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme