Hacking Okay, I cannot find a definite answer on this.

Stephanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was laughing at the whole thread. But mostly Max's comment "your advice: read more".

lol cuz that's all people say on this site is "search search search".. Just answer my question amirite? In one post that says search, it could have been one answer to the problem and the thread would have been a done deal. Believe me, searching doesn't always give you answers. In fact, most times people talk about new stuff related to the topic that hasn't been brought up before. Searching through 3 threads with 5 pages each trying to find your answer and not getting it is quite tedious. I'd be glad to answer anyones question.

~Steph

D

Deleted User

Dude, get preloader. It's a better version of Starfall.

For the shop channel, use IOS 51 and Shop Channel installer app.

And dude, Ocarina is a outdated app and will NEVER work. Gecko OS, get the newest version.

You can't just rename apps boot.dol and cross ye fingers and hope that it'll work. You have to either:
1)Convert it
2)Get the newer version

All of your issues has been explained and sorted out in the past. So, SEARCH AND READ!

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Dude, get preloader. It's a better version of Starfall.

For the shop channel, use IOS 51 and Shop Channel installer app.

Alright, thanks.

QUOTE said:
And dude, Ocarina is a outdated app and will NEVER work. Gecko OS, get the newest version.

Yeah, I know Ocarina doesn't work. But I have Gecko OS v1.07.

You can't just rename apps boot.dol and cross ye fingers and hope that it'll work. You have to either:
1)Convert it
2)Get the newer version

It worked with the cIOS Downgrader. But I'll try re-downloading the Gecko OS 1.07 (Is 1.07b actually a newer version or what? I wasn't sure.) and using the converter program on it. I'll let you guys know if I'm still having issues. (I'm just trying to get the replay hack/no tripping hack on Brawl).

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...Uh. So I downloaded the converter. Did absolutely nothing to the boot.elf file of the Gecko OS program. AFTER READING, people said to try and move the boot.elf file to the root of the SD Card. That did absolutely nothing. And I've downloaded the converter from two different sources. Neither worked.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This whole thread had me laughing, just, it was funny at the responses from the OP.
It was worth watching the whole thing unfold, it really was, so thanks!
biggrin.gif

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, that's odd. I had to put the boot.elf file into the folder of the Converter. But it worked. This Gecko app better work this time.

D

Deleted User

The latest version of Geckos is v1.07b.

http://wiird.l0nk.org/gos-hbc-dol.zip

get that.'

QUOTE said:
1)Convert it
2)Get the newer version

That applies to apps that have boot.elf,

If you fail to comprehend, you should stay away from homebrew. It's not for laymans, you know.

D

Deleted User

I don't think he has what it needs to mess with WADs.

EDIT: MicShadow, ya think? XD

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread was hilarious. Kudos for keeping me entertained.

Stephanie said:
I was laughing at the whole thread. But mostly Max's comment "your advice: read more".

lol cuz that's all people say on this site is "search search search".. Just answer my question amirite? In one post that says search, it could have been one answer to the problem and the thread would have been a done deal. Believe me, searching doesn't always give you answers. In fact, most times people talk about new stuff related to the topic that hasn't been brought up before. Searching through 3 threads with 5 pages each trying to find your answer and not getting it is quite tedious. I'd be glad to answer anyones question.

~Steph

If people didn't ask the same questions over and over there would be fewer threads to look through.

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AFIF95 i think you were really helpfull, eventough he wasn't that nice to you.
and to MaxDeUh in the first few post the awnsers were given to your problems and you replyed with, i read that allready tryed that allready blablabla and then from nowhere you got it right, isnt that a sign that you DIDN'T READ or didn't read corectly(cos you stated you did).

So least you could do is not being so Egotistical(lol how does one spell that in english) and apoligize to the people willing to help you.

Same thing for this post

Hm, that's odd. I had to put the boot.elf file into the folder of the Converter. But it worked. This Gecko app better work this time.

Why didn't you try that BEFORE posting this

Well...Uh. So I downloaded the converter. Did absolutely nothing to the boot.elf file of the Gecko OS program. AFTER READING, people said to try and move the boot.elf file to the root of the SD Card. That did absolutely nothing. And I've downloaded the converter from two different sources. Neither worked

????????????

If one wants to learn then don't contradict other people before you understand it youself

D

Deleted User

lol, thanks BMasterP.

I agree, he should've been less egoistic (Yep that's the true spelling XD) and listen to advices more.

If he sticked to the NOOB QUESTION thread, I would've been less flaming.

But I guess he's one of those noobs who dont consider them as one. Too much ego.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxDeUh got the solution to his problems so he will probably not read your posts and we will only read new things from he when he gets new problems which have been solved thousnad times before. 10 guys tell him to rename cios downgrader.dol to boot.dol and he just doesn't listen
rolleyes.gif
He already read it, but he didn't do it
laugh.gif

@MaxDeUh: You have to do the things you read, not just read them
tongue.gif

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@maxdueh

I think you didn't demodulate your wii's flange widgets yet.
That is crucial in getting the latest Gecko OS working.

Stephanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SilverSurfR said:
This thread was hilarious. Kudos for keeping me entertained.

Stephanie said:

~Steph

If people didn't ask the same questions over and over there would be fewer threads to look through.
If everything was answered in those few threads, there would be less new topics about it, don't you think?

Alas, the OP's problem was a simple one to fix and I'm not sure why he ignored the legitimate answers. I'm not taking anyone's side.

~Steph

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1