Homebrew ok, when will freeshop stop working?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Its fine every game is reinstalled now. I just wanted to be sure since the sources of freeshop triggering bans weren't entirely clear
It is clear though. If on 11.8, the console can check whether your ticket is valid the moment you try to download something through the CDN, flagging you if the ticket isn't valid. If on 11.7 or lower, which it can't check the ticket validity, it can flag you still since it can tell you aren't on 11.8 (since only 11.8 sends ticket feedback to the CDN) and only CFWed systems can connect to the CDN without the need to be on latest firmware.

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
For now that CDN downloading with homebrews is still a thing, just get your CIAs from CIAngel, much easier, simpler and way less chance for them to be missing the seed, plus guaranteed to work great:P

Just use Villain3DS or CIAngel then, can't be flagged and until the switch is flipped they are 100% safe.

Btw, is CIAngel different from black bag shop? I have read some that downloading game from black bag shop sends ticket to CDN to verify if it is legit. CIAngel doesn't do this, does it?

Last edited by Khim09,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is clear though. If on 11.8, the console can check whether your ticket is valid the moment you try to download something through the CDN, flagging you if the ticket isn't valid. If on 11.7 or lower, which it can't check the ticket validity, it can flag you still since it can tell you aren't on 11.8 (since only 11.8 sends ticket feedback to the CDN) and only CFWed systems can connect to the CDN without the need to be on latest firmware.
Well since im on 11.7 then its all the more reason for me to replace freeshop entirely . I'll never update to 11.8 until NTR is fixed and few other apps start working. Anyhow I didn't see this info in any of the sources until just now from you on the clear bit.
Only thing I read was freeshop CDN causing bans and thats pretty much it basically panic threads, blogs. and tweets also from the great SciresM seems like hes good at doing that.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Btw, is CIAngel different from black bag shop? I have read some that downloading game from black bag shop sends ticket to CDN to verify if it is legit. CIAngel doesn't do this, does it?
Never heard of that really, but CIAngel downloads from the CDN and generates a CIA, so since it doesn't install directly it doesn't flag you. You aren't accessing the CDN servers directly. Nothing as far as I know sends tickets actively for verification and the issue the scene is facing is basically only about the exact moment you are downloading something and installing DIRECTLY from the CDN, so if you aren't doing that, there's nothing to worry about.

Well since im on 11.7 then its all the more reason for me to replace freeshop entirely . I'll never update to 11.8 until NTR is fixed and few other apps start working. Anyhow I didn't see this info in any of the sources until just now from you on the clear bit.
Only thing I read was freeshop CDN causing bans and thats pretty much it basically panic threads, blogs. and tweets also from the great SciresM seems like hes good at doing that.
Pretty sure both Luma and NTR have updated compatibility for 11.8, but NTR was the reason I never updated either. ScriresM only made valid tweets that were taken and exaggerated, if you read the clarifications he made in their comments, you'd see it's not his fault, he was just giving a heads up to people to get more people to look into it. Also, for the time being, it's not bad, but PROBABLE flags.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In-app Freeshop downloads are still done the old way (obviously, since the new way is not implemented in Freeshop's source code), without sending any ticket

Worth remembering that any claim of bans is wild speculation and guessing

Reactions: Khim09

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: