Ok, need help/advice/directions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Devilotx, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Devilotx
    OP

Devilotx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    So I'm completely new to 3ds flash carts, but I did have a DS flashcart back in the day, so to speak. But I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding or making this work.

So here is the situation, I have purchased a R4iSDHC LITE 2018 edition, I formatted a 32 gig microSD Card with the Panasonic SD formatter, I downloaded the R4i-V3.9b English and unzipped it to my mSD Card, and I copied over an unencrypted 3ds Rom, the flash card detect, shows Bomberman touch, I can launch it, it shows me the menu, I select the rom and it builds a save file and then, black screen.

Hitting start on the rom shows an error about SD Fragmentation and directs me to use the SD Format tool, but this doesn't change anything, and this is an EVO mSD Card, so not a generic one, it's a decent card.

I have the Zelda 3dsXL (Link Between Worlds)
    V.11.6.0-39U

I guess I'm just not sure, sometimes I read that these cards only play DS games, sometimes I read they play 3DS games, something about the versioning.... the Website says compatable with the 11.6.0.39U, so if anyone can give me a bit of direction, that would be great.

Thanks!

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    DS flashcarts don't play 3DS games (except for the Stargate which does both)
    You should follow this to get CFW: https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started
    The cart you bought should support ntrboot so you can use that method.

Devilotx and Quantumcat like this.
  3. Devilotx
    OP

Devilotx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    Just wanted to let you know that I got through it, and it was awesome! thank you for helping me on my way!