To get my psp running 3.90 MM3 CFW....

1. Create a magic memory stick
2. Put in my tool battery
3. install cfw
4. done?

is that about it?

in this guide
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=68111
it tells me to find the official sony eboots.... what the hell for? my psp is on offical firmware 3.95, for what reason would I need copies of all the official sony eboots? i found them, which ones do i need, my firmware version, all of them, what purpose does it serve?

also can i use the same magic memory stick to install cfw on 2 different psps?

I know i have opened up a few threads but everytime I come back i just get more confused, sorry, lol.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nfrederick said:

3. install cfw
4. done?

is that about it?

in this guide
it tells me to find the official sony eboots.... what the hell for? my psp is on offical firmware 3.95, for what reason would I need copies of all the official sony eboots? i found them, which ones do i need, my firmware version, all of them, what purpose does it serve?

I know i have opened up a few threads but everytime I come back i just get more confused, sorry, lol.

The CFW uses the official eboot to flash your PSP. Bottom line, you need it.

Basically, here are the steps:

1. Put the memory stick you want to use into your PSP.
2. Run PSP Grader, it will detect which drive your PSP is on once in USB mode. Verify which drive letter the PSP is on in 'My Computer', just in case.
3. Browse for the required eboot which by now should be on your computer using PSP Grader.
4. Put a check in format memory stick and then hit create Pandora Stick.
5. When it's done, turn off your PSP, take out the battery and put in the Pandora battery.
6. Hold L until the menu boots up.
7. Make sure you make a copy of your NAND by pressing square to avoid problems in the future.
8. Run the M33-3 install by pressing X.
9. When it's done it will prompt you to reboot. Do it.
10. Put your battery back in and verify that the system settings show the custom firmware.
11. You are good to go but make sure you save the copy of your NAND to a safe place on your computer.

Enjoy. No more topics on this please.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He needs to know which eboots though, Nfrederick, if I'm not mistaken, when you open psp grader, it asks for them, it will say 3.50 and 3.80 (i think those are the two is says). Those are the ones you need. I know it seems daunting at first, especially when you try to figure it all out before you do anything, but once you start, you'll start to figure it out, trust me. If you have any more questions, PM me

Edit: Also, you can use the same magic memory stick for the psp. But I would erase everything off of it after doing one psp, and put the necessary files on it again for the next (this may be unnecessary, but i know you will at least need to take the nand dump off the memory stick before using it on another psp. keep the nanddump somewhere safe, on your computer or a flash drive)

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
solange82200 said:
He needs to know which eboots though, Nfrederick, if I'm not mistaken, when you open psp grader, it asks for them, it will say 3.50 and 3.80 (i think those are the two is says). Those are the ones you need. I know it seems daunting at first, especially when you try to figure it all out before you do anything, but once you start, you'll start to figure it out, trust me. If you have any more questions, PM me

Edit: Also, you can use the same magic memory stick for the psp. But I would erase everything off of it after doing one psp, and put the necessary files on it again for the next (this may be unnecessary, but i know you will at least need to take the nand dump off the memory stick before using it on another psp. keep the nanddump somewhere safe, on your computer or a flash drive)

The newest version of PSP Grader asks for the 3.90 eboot.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
JKR Firefox said:
nfrederick said:

3. install cfw
4. done?

is that about it?

in this guide

The CFW uses the official eboot to flash your PSP. Bottom line, you need it.

Basically, here are the steps:

1. Put the memory stick you want to use into your PSP.
2. Run PSP Grader, it will detect which drive your PSP is on once in USB mode. Verify which drive letter the PSP is on in 'My Computer', just in case.
3. Browse for the required eboot which by now should be on your computer using PSP Grader.
4. Put a check in format memory stick and then hit create Pandora Stick.
5. When it's done, turn off your PSP, take out the battery and put in the Pandora battery.
6. Hold L until the menu boots up.
7. Make sure you make a copy of your NAND by pressing square to avoid problems in the future.
8. Run the M33-3 install by pressing X.
9. When it's done it will prompt you to reboot. Do it.
10. Put your battery back in and verify that the system settings show the custom firmware.
11. You are good to go but make sure you save the copy of your NAND to a safe place on your computer.

Enjoy. No more topics on this please.

When I hold L to get the menu all my battery gives me a solid green power light. The menu's not loading!! Oh and my battery level on it is 31%

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nfrederick said:
Sorry, JKR Firefox I just needed some clarification, will not post any more topics about this.

LOL

Apparently your sarcasm detector was off
tongue.gif

I was kidding
smile.gif

And I'm happy to assist!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0