Hacking OK I MESSED UP PLZ HELP!!!

Killaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I was messing with fbi to delete titles and then it said error occurred and I needed a reboot. After that I opened my 3ds and it says Ctrfirm is not found and made me quit. I don't care about my game saves or my 186 legit badges I just want firmware back. I am using Lumas3ds with A9LH and have a backup from 1 week ago on nand.min. Do I backup with decrypt9? Or is there another method?!?!?!?!? Plz help!!!!!!

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
so, basically you deleted titles and you didn't know what they were.

not to be an arsehole, but you deserve it. DO NOT delete shit if you don't know what you're messing with...

Killaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
so, basically you deleted titles and you didn't know what they were.

not to be an arsehole, but you deserve it. DO NOT delete shit if you don't know what you're messing with...
I knew what they were I accidentally deleted a ctrnand code they put titles all in one place

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I knew what they were I accidentally deleted a ctrnand code they put titles all in one place
not if you use FBI properly. you can set it to not display NAND titles using Start or Select (idk which it was, but it's written to the bottom of the screen)
also, important titles have a different colour, so you could've avoided this.

Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If payloads aren't loading you'll need a hardmod.

He knows he messed up, people that just talk crap without helping are annoying.
If I was on the TC's end I'd totally deserve crap for potentially bricking a 3DS system and not thinking. I've done stuff like this on my Android phone removing apps that was just bloatware, I dont know what the OP was intending to do but I can only assume it was to get rid of the "bloatware" even though it has no impact on the performance of the 3DS.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please use Hourglass9 instead of Decrypt9. If you use Decrypt9, there's a chance you'll mess up even more and not choose to restore with the keep a9lh option. Please use the keep a9lh function when restoring a NAND backup if you have a9lh and want to keep it.

Killaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Please use Hourglass9 instead of Decrypt9. If you use Decrypt9, there's a chance you'll mess up even more and not choose to restore with the keep a9lh option. Please use the keep a9lh function when restoring a NAND backup if you have a9lh and want to keep it.
Thanks!!! I'm glad there are helpful people out there ;D

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why ppl act like ***oles when someone makes a mistake?
Just help him or whatever. Why GBAtemp is turning into something like this

Relax guys and help not hate
If payloads aren't loading you'll need a hardmod.

He knows he messed up, people that just talk crap without helping are annoying.
I like how everyone has been actually giving advice and asking questions to troubleshoot this issue. Of course people are going to be rough up the OP, it was an extremely stupid mistake. The OP was messing with stuff that they shouldn't have been messing with in the first place. But thus far no one has been like, "Ha ha! You're a re-re and shouldn't hack your 3DS!"
They have more been, "You're dumb, did you at least make make a backup?"

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol