Hacking Oh Fu-

Chaz.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn.

Updated using Wanins 4.3b updater, installed. But now Wii wont boot into system or HBC, only Bootmii and Priiloader. Had HBC8 update.

Question what do I do now? Think I did a NAND back up but not sure.

NAND back up did not work! What else to try?!?!?!?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can load priiloader, you're fine. just have priiloader boot a wad manager and install the system menu IOS and system menu wad. IOS80 for 4.3, IOS70 for 4.2

don't use automatic firmware updaters in the future.

Chaz.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wasnt an auto updater, and was able to boot into homebrew channel! Good Ol' Bootmii! I will try reinstalling 4.3 through wanins updater, I think I forgot to patch IOS and System menu, just pressed away. If now, I'll boot into wad manager. Could do with some help with that though, never used Priiloader before. I just went with everyone that said install it lol. BTW bit off topic, but is my Wii safe with both bootmii and priiloader installed?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaz. said:
Wasnt an auto updater, and was able to boot into homebrew channel! Good Ol' Bootmii! I will try reinstalling 4.3 through wanins updater, I think I forgot to patch IOS and System menu, just pressed away. If now, I'll boot into wad manager. Could do with some help with that though, never used Priiloader before. I just went with everyone that said install it lol. BTW bit off topic, but is my Wii safe with both bootmii and priiloader installed?
I saw your name and was confused.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cut bootmii from the root to your apps. Use stack smash to reinstall HBC. Also chaz please PM me the IOS links and CMIOS links for the stuff I asked you in my previous thread.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaz. said:
is your bootmii on boot2? if so, thats about as safe as it can get. only other brick protection i know of is to have at least one forwarder channel installed (like for a usb loader or emulator or something) to add one extra option just in case something deletes bootmii and priiloader (unlikely, but who knows)

anyway to boot a wad manager from priiloader, put the app's boot.dol file into the root of your sd card, then go to the installed file option in priiloader

edit: smashdude stop trying to hijack EVERY help thread on the forum

Chaz.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fixed it! Thanks guys!

I think, I installed bootmii installed in both. I installed in ios first then in boot2, but always had it in boot2 since I first got it.

Will do the wad manager now, thanks for the help you've been awesome! and everyone else that helped. Saved me from getting killed by the parents and wasting my 18th bday present on a new wii!

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
smashdude said:
Cut bootmii from the root to your apps. Use stack smash to reinstall HBC. Also chaz please PM me the IOS links and CMIOS links for the stuff I asked you in my previous thread.
I know he's fixed it now.. but his flag thingy does say from the UK.. and I don't think there's a PAL smash stack still..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh +1