• Total voters

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Castlevania, it's not even a choice. Golden Sun is far too text-heavy (meaning far too many dialogue scenes and simply not enough 'I'm in control and can explore' scenes), and Minish Cap is a total insult to the entire Zelda series.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
minish cap.
if all the great RPG's had some incest loving, their child would end up as goldensun, ridiculous how much of the game is pretty much pulled straight out of classic RPG's. still its a good game- I own both infact.
castlevania, Ive never been able to get into this series, and I tell you Ive tried! i like some of the sprite work, but thats about it, exploring areas always is repetitive and combat feels like a chore, I can only just see why the series has such a following, but I doubt I'll ever be a part of it.

minish cap however had beautiful graphics, great gameplay, and excellent level and character design. neat story also - nothing bad in the game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario & Luigi pisses on all 3, but I'm going for Zelda 'cos it has a little something that makes me grin like a fool.

Completed Goldensun, felt like a clichéd RPG.

Hebus San

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jenesuis.net
XP
Country
France
This is a toughie.

Castlevania has in many ways, i feel, defined the GBA. The games are all brilliant extensions of SotN.

Zelda on the other hand, is a whimsical, beatifully rendered, creative masterpiece. Twilight Princesses' reuse of most of the dungeon items could take a page from the unique items in Minish Cap.

Golden Sun, what can I say? I don't get it. I love RPG's, but I played it for about 4 hours and almost died of boredom. I put it on VBA to frameskip through the slowness, but it didn;t help much.

Overall, I'd have to go with Castlevania.

Nothing else to say
smile.gif

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zelda, why? because ever since OoT the zelda series has been great to me; great gameplay, great graphics, beautiful landscapes and a hella tight storyline...cept maybe black sheep of the family Majora, but lets not speak of her.

Also to be honest i havent played much of the others but did enjoy GS a bit but didnt grab me like zelda.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golden Sun is pretty... average as far as RPG's go, so I didn't vote for it.
Only Aria of Sorrow appealed to me (that and DoS for DS are the only 2 Castlevania games I have ever enjoyed at all), so I didn't vote for that series.

Minish Cap took the Wind Waker styling and made one hell of a great game. There is really no contention. You got the kind of quality that you expect for console games right there in your hands with the little extra details to seal it. Plus you get the kind of gaming magic that only a Zelda title can provide. Easy vote.

I like the Zelda titles that try to do things a little different, while keeping the gameplay familiar. And that is why I love both Majora's Mask and Minish Cap as equals in the zelda universe to the traditional titles, where as sticklers might only like LTTP and OoT.

There are only three insults to the Zelda series, and they are on the CD-I. Any other suggestion, is just foolishness.

rhfb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zelda would have gotten my vote had it NOT BEEN SO SHORT.
That being said, the castlevania games are very good too, so I voted for them.

Not that Minish cap was bad(and either was Majora's Mask you haters!!!
mad.gif
)

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
MM and MC were great games. But Castlevania gets my one vote again. I tried getting into Golden Sun, but nowadays I don't like games where you have to grind to survive.

False Hope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Golden Sun 1 and the Lost Age, both killer games, you just got to read the story and get into it. And of course, try not to lose the map they give you.

Castlevania bores me and doesnt compare to the Minish Cap in any way, shape or form, same goes for GS.

In a list:
GS
Zelda Minish Cap (Very close 1st, but not better than GS)
Castlevania (not really worthy of being on my list, but just to show you how I rank 'em)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P