phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any fanb0ism for sony, but I think the ps3 pwns the 360 as a next gen system.

I like my 360, but haloz3 has shown me that the 360 isn't next gen. Just an awesome system. Bioshock isn't next gen. Assassin's creed isn't next-gen. Theres nothing out there (to me), that revolutionizes gaming for any system. Why do I say ps3? It's capabilities are a lot better than the 360's.

no, not the wii. it's a gimmick for crying out loud. i wish it wasn't though.

edit-pc. yeah, thats next gen. pioneering the road for developers, and setting the standard. and don't forget crysis.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The Wii.

- It doesn't break down every three minutes since it's not manufactured by Microsoft or Sony. Seriously, I couldn't even play three minutes of Halo 3 matchmaking last night. Fuck you, Bill. Fuck you.
- It has games you can enjoy with everyone. Yes, even the people who aren't virgins can play it! Amazing, huh?
- The gimmicky waggle bullshit is actually FUN.
- It's CHEAP.
- What console is the next Mario Kart gonna be released on? Ok, I'm sold
tongue.gif

Out of all three consoles, the Wii is still the one I play the most with. eagerly awaiting Metal Gear on PS3, but other than that... It's just a good movie player. And the 360... I'm currently very angry right now. Better not talk about it. (shoddy piece of SHIT!)

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I selected next-gen sucks.

Not choosing PS3 should be a obvious.
I want a 360, but haven't actually played any of the game to be able to tell.
As for the Wii, I'm starting to fall in to that group of people aren't very impressed with it anymore. I've been playing my PS2, DS, and PSP (mainly PS1 games) more than the Wii.

So PS3 isn't worth it yet (dunno if it ever will be). Haven't tried 360 yet. And Wii is disappointing me. 2 out of 3 sucks.

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As much as I love my Wii, yeah I gotta say 360.

Right now in october of 2007, xbox360 has the upper hand just based on the number/quality of games it has. However, I think the wii has the most potential out of these three, and my vote could easily change within a month. The few good games that the Wii has are really good, and I think the controls really add to the experience as long as they aren't forced on by crappy third party developers.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH, I dislike all of them, some a little less than the others. But I chose the 360, mainly because of it's excellent library of games. If it wasn't for it's unreliability and lack of built in wifi, it would be the best right now, hands down. Paying for XBL isn't that bad, TBH. Wii is probably last, because it's online is pitiful, and it offers the fewest features of all of them.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
here's an article I found that's pretty interesting:

Wiis Gathering Dust in Japan

Sure, the Nintendo Wii is selling well in Japan. But are people actually using it or is the console just room decor? President of Famitsu publisher Enterbrain Hirokazu Hamamura not only predicts 30 million DSes sold by 2009, but also shows figures that indicate something like 67 percent of Japanese Wii owners are not using the Wii console recently. Which probably means people bought the Wii and Wii Sports, played it until they got sick of it and have returned to their DSes. Sure, Super Mario Galaxy will have folks playing the crap out of their Wiis again. But until then? Damn, it's been a long, hard dry spell since the console launched.

A steady stream of good games is needed and I reckon the Wiimote is just detracting developers from making decent games...the best games use the wiimote as a pointer or not at all. Makes me a bit sad but at least we've got that handful of nintendo titles that are guaranteed to be awesome

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I had to control myself from voting on the Wii because of bias...
X360 hands-down... the Wii is good but the X360 is fuck-awesome (
cry.gif
I'm crying because I have to go to a friend's house to play...)
The Wii has the same amount of potential the DS has but so far the only similarity it has from the DS is the shitload of crap-ass 3rd party titles...

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't have any fanb0ism for sony, but I think the ps3 pwns the 360 as a next gen system.

I like my 360, but haloz3 has shown me that the 360 isn't next gen. Just an awesome system. Bioshock isn't next gen. Assassin's creed isn't next-gen. Theres nothing out there (to me), that revolutionizes gaming for any system. Why do I say ps3? It's capabilities are a lot better than the 360's.

no, not the wii. it's a gimmick for crying out loud. i wish it wasn't though.

edit-pc. yeah, thats next gen. pioneering the road for developers, and setting the standard. and don't forget crysis.

I'm not flaming you in any way, I just needed to reply to that post because I disagree with you on every point you made
laugh.gif

Opinions are fun!
biggrin.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to go with the 360 in the end because it does offer just so much, and has lots of good games, with many more on the way. I would have liked to say the Wii, but the Wii's library is VERY lacking right now, with only a few titles in the future looking any good to play. Hopefully with the Wii's immense user base it has now, developers will start creating decent games for the system so that maybe one day the result of this poll could be a true Wii. But as of right now, the best one is the 360 hands down.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ps3
I have wii and i don't like it.
I don't have xbox360 or ps3, but i have played them both, so my opinion is pretty fair.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The control system means Wii is massive step up from last gen systems (even more so than both PS3 and 360 IMO).

Its not just a gimmick, either. The concept is still in it's infancy and I think we'll see it evolve on the next gen systems (PS4 etc).

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I take everything to date into consideration, excluding previews and rumours then its the 360 followed by the Wii.

I have more 360 games than Wii games and play my 360 a lot more than my Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.