Hacking OG xbox game random functionality RGH

DarkRha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a weird thing happening when i play certain OG xbox games on the RGH. I am playing the DDR ultramix series (1-4), Previously i was able to play 1,2 with no issues whatsoever but 3,4 would always freeze after a couple of songs. Recently i created a new hard drive and installed just a couple of games, including those. 4 began to play with no problems, but then 1 would freeze. A few days later 4 began to freeze after a couple of songs and now 3 plays fine. Does anyone have an idea why the functionality of these games jumps around? I'm not sure if the issue lies with the system, the game files, or if I'm missing something (plugin, update, etc) I am new to RGH and have the latest aurora dashboard, backward compatibility (64mb normal) and dash launch. Any input and help is more than welcome. Thank you in advance.

DarkRha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have, even got a hold of them from other sources, but the result is the same. Working whenever they feel like it, almost like they take turns working. Is there any reference where i can see what the dash launch setting should be, what plugins i need to have? I don't know what else to try.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your 360 isn't just freezing due to the heat in summer? I keep a box fan behind my consoles because I had freezing problems.

You can check temps in dashlaunch or FSD. You can also set fan in dashlaunch.

DarkRha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my other games are playing fine with no issues whatsoever, I have an AC running in the room where I play. The fan is at 85, the Temp is low as well. It only really happens with these specific games (DDR ultramix 1-4), oddly, it would make sense if the same game kept freezing but it jumps from one version to the next, unpredictably. One day i can play the game fine, another it just freezes but at the same time a version that wasn't working starts to work.

DarkRha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading, will updating the 360 dashboard and avatar to the latest version help with this issue?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can try updating it, follow this guide.

As for Dashlaunch, you can try and import my settings from this thread.
Just open the disc grab the launch.ini from it and put it on the root of your HDD, make sure to make it active and save it to NAND in Dashlaunch.
Make a copy of your own launch.ini just to be sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important. +1