Official Vesta Thread

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by shorty606, Mar 3, 2009.

Mar 3, 2009

Official Vesta Thread by shorty606 at 4:24 PM (648 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. shorty606
    OP

Newcomer shorty606 Member

United Kingdom
    I started another thread talking about NDS Management software that I was going to write. From this, the initial project idea developed into an open source project written in a development environment known as Lazarus. The main concept of Lazarus is Write Once, Compile Anywhere.
    The Lazarus development studio is available for download for a number of operating systems including Linux, Mac and Windows. Once you have the studio installed, the code for this project can be compiled without any modification, regardless of what operating system it is on. This makes the NDS Management software truly Cross-Platform [​IMG].

The NDS Manangement Software, currently named Vesta, will not reference any database, but instead will pull every bit of information from the ROM itself, making the software completely stand alone.

People are allowed to use the source code for their own uses but are kindly asked that if any good additions are made, to share them with me.

------------------------ Version 2.0 --------------------------------

Nearly ready for source code release however there is a slight problem that I have run into. To include .7z and Rar support, I've had to use DLLs which as far as I am aware are not cross-platform compatable. If there is anyone with a MAC that knows if you can use DLLs then please let me know. At the moment I don't know if I should continue using the DLLs and then it's limited to windows or if to remove .7z support and keep it cross platform compatable.

Any ideas?

The Lazarus Page is located here:
    http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/

The Source code will be located here once it is stable enough for an initial release.

Version 2
    [​IMG]

Version 1
    [​IMG]

2. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    This will be great for all the people with Mac and Linux. Once I get another external drive, I'll start storing my NDS stuff on it, and likely use this. Thanks.

3. shorty606
    OP

Newcomer shorty606 Member

United Kingdom
    Version 2 has been previewed in the first post of this thread. Slight problem, to include .7z functions I have to use a DLL making it a windows dependant program. The uniqueness of the project is still that it is open source but I would like to keep the program cross platform compatable. It is likely it will run in WINE but I wanted a true Linux version. The options are to remove the .7z functionality and keep it cross platform, or keep it in and keep it windows dependant. Please let me know your thoughts [​IMG]

4. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I managed to get lazarus installed, but I ran into an error compiling on linux, I will give it another go when you release your stable source code.

on the 7z issue, I am not sure, but 7z is open source, and the is linux implementations of LZMA.