OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
So the Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty DVD and digital download copies have been leaked, but so far people are unable to install the game because of a date restriction. The installer checks to see if it is 7/27/2010 and if not the user cannot install. If I find out anything new I'll be sure to update this thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not a leak. Blizzard is releasing the digital download early so you can install the game on Tues, July 27th at exactly 10:00am. Time is ticking hackers. Can you do it?

EDIT2: A person named vernam7, who helped develop a tool for bypassing the battle.net login in the beta, has released an image showing him installing the game. He claims to have a "crack," although in my estimation it's technically not a crack - I believe I know how he did it. He also says he's not going to release it to the public because he has ethics. Do a Google search and you can see all the details.

vernam7 doesn't have ethics. He created a tool to bypass Blizzard's intended system of only allowing official beta testers to play SC2. Now that the retail version is out and he can play it, somehow that means he has ethics? Actually, by his own admission he is playing a game that he shouldn't be playing, and since one cannot purchase a digital download license until the 27th, he is breaking the law and therefore behaving unethically. I would like to know why someone who has admitted to breaking the law, and right now is presumably the only criminal in the world who can do this, has not been contacted by Federal copyright authorities? Perhaps we should look into this.

The real reason vernam7 was able to figure out how to install the game ahead of time is because he was one of the beta testers, and has the appropriate registry settings that need to be altered in order to install. And the reason he's telling everyone about it is because he knows that very soon his battle.net beta workaround will soon be completely irrelevant and he's trying desperately to hold onto his fame.

The only real way for his name to become a permanent fixture in Starcraft 2 lore is to release the method for installing the game. However, he realizes this would likely result in an arrest, and is withholding.

Man, this guy vernam7 was NOT hard to figure out.

sc2covera411.jpg

D

Deleted User

Meh, I decided I'm too tired to start arguments, 'specially when it's 5am and I had to look to know that. SC II, yes, I'm interested, but I wish my laptop had better specs to run it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither