Hacking RELEASE [Official] ReiNX thread [DEAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
I literally took 3 minutes to compile this. and 2.5 of it was waiting for my ubuntu vm to load. It's not hard.

ive never used devkit pro. can you highlight what needs to be installed please? form the readme what is devkitA64 - does it come with devkitpro

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive never used devkit pro. can you highlight what needs to be installed please? form the readme what is devkitA64 - does it come with devkitpro
Honestly, it's easier to compile everything that's homebrew related (except for iPhone stuff) using linux. If your computer can handle running a 64bit OS in virtualbox, I highly recommend you do that, and pick a flavor of linux like ubuntu or mint, or whatever.

Windows... read here first and get devkitpro installed with msys2 and pacman. From there, it's trivial to add libraries and such using dkp-pacman.

https://devkitpro.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8702

EDIT: my 3 minute comment was possible because I already have a development environment setup properly in my VM.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: KTroopA

chrisnasah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like will have to wait for my sx pro.. Was hoping it would not be required after this release

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have any suggestions for a program that can open raw RGBA data? GIMP is not being my friend. I have determined that splash.bin is a raw 32bit data bitmap, with dimensions of 768x1200 at least, but gimp is being dumb about actually opening it.

Hexalform

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rei, thank you so much! I'll wait a bit longer while things are settled, and those that know more how to compile (not me) and test.

And PLEASE don't be discouraged by the oncoming newbies and "gimmiegimmiegimmie backuploader plz?" deals that will come

You're a kickass developer and you, your work, and your memes are appreciated; who knew you saying 5 hrs was actually gonna be it! Lacius was it? That person. That person knew.

Reactions: Mylink5

Phoenixrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Coming along fast will try to complie though never worked with any of this type of code

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait I read warmboot, untethered in the future? Nani?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait I read warmboot, untethered in the future? Nani?

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's funny because SciresM if quoted as contributor, but in the end, what everyone is looking at this for is to run backups, which she clearly said she won't allow in her work. Her and some others. I don't deny the talent, they are really talented, but their hypocrisy is just as high as their skills.
Anyway, just give us that free backup loading, the fan boys will give you plenty of e-fame and the rest of us will have what we really want for free!

Bocchuoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
It's funny because SciresM if quoted as contributor, but in the end, what everyone is looking at this for is to run backups, which she clearly said she won't allow in her work. Her and some others. I don't deny the talent, they are really talented, but their hypocrisy is just as high as their skills.
Anyway, just give us that free backup loading, the fan boys will give you plenty of e-fame and the rest of us will have what we really want for free!
ScriesM is a dude :rofl2:
Btw some developers don't want their name attached to privacy and that's ok, but i do really like the fact that rei doesn't give a fuck and give community what they want :tpi:

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Loading "backups" can lead to legal issues and online hassle, it s undestandable that developers dont want to mess with it directly.

Reactions: jakibaki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.