Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll check if the CIA version works.
Also, i think most of the server problems are fixed now.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
I haven't been able to connect to the server yet, but I have some bugs to report:

-If you type 29 characters you the keyboards hangs and you can no longer use it, even for pressing the DEL button. Btw, sending the message makes the keyboard to work again.

-If you try to scroll the messages on the top screen (using L/R) and the messages don't fit the top screen (9+ messages), you can move the cursor outside the screen. I don't know how to explain this better... Just try to scroll up when there are more than 9 messages.

-On the top screen, last screen line (at the bottom) is moved to the right. Idk if this is supposed to be that way

I hope to help the developers to make Pictochat 3DS perfect!

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to connect to the server yet, but I have some bugs to report:

-If you type 29 characters you the keyboards hangs and you can no longer use it, even for pressing the DEL button. Btw, sending the message makes the keyboard to work again.

-If you try to scroll the messages on the top screen (using L/R) and the messages don't fit the top screen (9+ messages), you can move the cursor outside the screen. I don't know how to explain this better... Just try to scroll up when there are more than 9 messages.

-On the top screen, last screen line (at the bottom) is moved to the right. Idk if this is supposed to be that way

We will start to work on fixing that. Hopefully it will be in the next patch

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Thanks,
about the 29 characters, for some reason the app crashes when you give in 30 characters, so for now i limited to 30 :P
I implemented scrolling, but the messages don't scroll further. need to implement this, but i"m gonna rewrite the drawing section of the messages, so i'm gonna wait until that is finished first.

Also, you're messages weren't visible in the application, i think that this is because your name is too long.
(I could see them in console).

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks,
about the 29 characters, for some reason the app crashes when you give in 30 characters, so for now i limited to 30 [emoji14]
I implemented scrolling, but the messages don't scroll further. need to implement this, but i"m gonna rewrite the drawing section of the messages, so i'm gonna wait until that is finished first.

Also, you're messages weren't visible in the application, i think that this is because your name is too long.
(I could see them in console).
Oh ok thanks! I'll try a shorter name! Also, I noticed that there's no exclamation mark in the keyboard :(

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, i'm gonna update the keyboard soon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gonna focus on loggin in first.
The first person that logs into the server after a reboot gets logged in real quick, after that it's pretty slow

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. I'm gunna check this out when I get home. I have a question though. If this connects to one of your servers, how reliable is it as far as up time, consistency and overall length? Also, does it log all conversations? For example if I join a room a few days later will the previous conversation still be there?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finally, a suggestion:

When somene logs, a message should appear on every 3ds connected (ex. "AlbertoSONIC connected"). Same when someone leaves the chatroom ;)
Works

Sweet. I'm gunna check this out when I get home. I have a question though. If this connects to one of your servers, how reliable is it as far as up time, consistency and overall length? Also, does it log all conversations? For example if I join a room a few days later will the previous conversation still be there?
You only receive messages from the point you log in.
Messages aren't logged, but they are visible in the server console.
At this point the server is kinda laggy.
Am working on a solution.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Works

You only receive messages from the point you log in.
Messages aren't logged, but they are visible in the server console.
At this point the server is kinda laggy.
Am working on a solution.
Rinnegatamante told me we have limited abilities with the 3ds wifi connectivity. Is that the issue or is it on the server end? Have you tried a pc build of the client? (Just curious)

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rinnegatamante told me we have limited abilities with the 3ds wifi connectivity. Is that the issue or is it on the server end? Have you tried a pc build of the client? (Just curious)
I'd like to think it is the server end. However, I have not looked at the code for awhile. We have not tried a pc client as far as I know.

Reactions: WeedZ

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It is server end, the previous version of the server worked better, working on fixing it.

Reactions: WeedZ

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guys, i think i fixed the server.
When you're online, and you see 2 or more people online, please let me know!
Thanks

This made me laugh, Thanks guys, i think the problem has been fixed!
JWIZ: HELLO
NONAME: HELLO
JWIZ: WHO ARE YOU?
NONAME: I DOMT HAVE A NAME...
JWIZ: I SEE...

Reactions: 730 and WhoAmI?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE