omg1337core

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, long time lurker and first time poster here. Wondering if anyone might be able to help me out on this one, because I can't seem to find the solution anywhere.
Everything started a couple days ago, I went to play some Mario Kart online and lo and behold, the Wii decides that, today, it doesn't want to use the internet. Wonderful. So now, every time I try to connect, I get the "52130 - Unable to connect to the internet' error.

Now, before anyone recommends this page, let me say that I've already reset my router twice, to no avail. I also tried putting the Wii in the DMZ, and it still spits the 52130 at me. Everything else is working on the network, including my PCs, my DS, PS3, 360 etc., so there's definitely internet access. Then again, I presume that I wouldn't be writing this without internet access.

I also tried assigning a static IP from the Wii, but no dice with that, either. I have it set to a static IP from the router via MAC address right now.
If the specs are any help, the router is a Linksys E1000 (network is open, no security, so not a wireless security issue), and the Wii is a 4.2U running with a themed system menu (not entirely sure if that could affect it or not, guessing no) and homebrew channel, bootmii as boot2, etc. on it.

edit: totally forgot to mention, but the Wii is definitely able to connect to the network, since it's shown in the router's active clients table after I attempt connecting again, gets an IP address, just won't stay connected. So apparently, just no internet. Odd.

I guess I'm just wondering two things primarily.
1) Has anyone else ever run into this problem? I can't seem to find a recorded issue of it anywhere online that wasn't fixed by a router reset or static IP assignment.
2) Could it possibly be a hardware malfunction? I'm not opposed to popping open my Wii if needed, but I'd rather make sure the problem isn't in software.

Thanks in advance!

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
right then, I read what you wrote twice over and well all I can say really is if you have rebooted your router, taken down the security, and if its still not connecting there could be 3 potential 3 things wrong

1)try clearing the wifi settings in the wii and re-eneter,
2)ACL on the router could be corrupt and if option 1 fails, then turning router back to factory defaults would be the only way
3)hardware is with the wifi on the wii hence its dropping the conenction.

also depending on how far the router is away from the wii could be the cause, ie if your router is downstairs and your wii is upstairs then whatever is in the floor or walls could cause it to drop the connection on the wii, even walking about can too.

I hope this helps you in some way

rogas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys!

I have exactly the same problem as described in first post. After many days of playing in Monster hunter tri online, suddenly wifi connection doesn't work... Using soft mode 4.2E.

Could it be that Nintendo introduced some new protection?

Misery5567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem on two different Wiis. It also happened on the same date the OP specified.
I'm using a 4.2U softmodded system (times 2) with no Priiloader or Startpatch patches applied relating to connectivity.

I think it's a DNS issue. I've tracerouted and verified that some of the destinations used by the Wii do not
exist anymore. The information was taken from here: http://support.moonpoint.com/gaming/wii/network.php

If all of these destinations are required then something has changed upstream somewhere beyond our providers. How we can fix this, I don't know.

I guess Ninty changed their DNS information and the updates haven't reached our modified Wiis for whatever reason. Just a guess.

jkashuba07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my buddy got this error before on a unmodified wii, we never thought anything of it other than maybe the wii servers or whatever were down. And we assumed that was what it was because hours later it worked again. Sorry I don't have a solution or suggestion other than whats given, I just thought you like to know its not just yours or even because its modded. Not sure why.

Misery5567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. If the servers are down then they've been down for over 3 weeks now. That's how long I've been working on solving this problem.

rogas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's good to know that there are more of us, but seriously it's really annoying that wiis just stop connecting to internet without any visible reason...

I have tried to connect to two different wifi networks. One secured and the other one unsecured, with the same negative result.

So it might be something with servers...

Thanks for sharing your troubles
smile.gif

Misery5567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I FINALLY solved this problem last night.

Using Bootmii, I restored a backup of my NAND that I made just after I first soft-modded my Wii.

The Wii went online instantly.

Something must've gotten corrupted in the NAND somehow.

Everything's back working wonderfully again.

rogas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sounds like you have found a solution to our problem... but in my case there is one more obstacle. I haven't made backup of NAND...

Is there any other way of restoring wii system without it?

Maybe someone can upload NAND from wii so I can restore it on my wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po