Hacking Obtaining NUS Title IDs for DLC

Xplic1T

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't really seen this discussed anywhere but has anybody been able to get the Title ID's of DLC packs/characters/stages for Mario Kart 8 or SSB ?

I'm assuming that DLC is just like a game update downloaded from NUS so I am wondering if all we need is just the Title ID to get the update ?

Correct me if I'm wrong ... or is everybody just trying to keep it quiet until Cloud gets released ?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The updates themselves, characters and tracks and such are all on the latest update file but they need a code to be unclocked all you do when you buy dlc is getting a code to unlock them thats why the dlc is some tiny Kbts, that dlc code cant be dumped as off now no one found a way.

Last edited by pedro702,

Xplic1T

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The dlc should still be associated with a title id though and delivered just like an update ? Maybe I can capture the buffer or find that title id and look at what changed on the wii u hdd ?

I have 2 un-used dlc pack codes im willing to use in order to help obtain these. Console is practically untouched and I've never had it on NUS so I'd be making a new online account.

Last edited by Xplic1T,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The dlc should still be associated with a title id though and delivered just like an update ? Maybe I can capture the buffer or find that title id and look at what changed on the wii u hdd ?

I have 2 un-used dlc pack codes im willing to use in order to help obtain these. Console is practically untouched and I've never had it on NUS so I'd be making a new online account.
even if you get an nus id it wouldnt help at all, all nus content is useless without a decrypt key, the onlything that cab be easily decripted is game updates since they use an open ticket everything else you would need a hacker to help decrypt lol.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea how to grab individual DLC elements, but FunkyCIA2 will grab ALL DLC for a specific game as long as you have a ticket for 1 piece of DLC. This poses a problem for themes... there is a limit to how many you can have at once, so when you install the whole pack, you have to spend a good amount of time deleting themes before you can actually start using them. Anyway, the DLC stuff must be installed with devmenu or it simply does not work. Also, it does not work without CFW/GW.

With that said, themes would be 0004008c00008f00, and pretty much everything is 0004008c<titleID>. 0004000e<titleID> is for game updates... doesn't the title list explain this though? Or the FunkyCIA2 thread?

Xplic1T

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Found the link ... this is on capable with caffiine right ? We can't just simply add those dirs to the rest of the content like with a NUS update right ?

Caffiine is just replacing those tracks with what is currently being accessed correct ?

Last edited by Xplic1T,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The DLC can be downloaded by replacing the TitleID when using NUSgrabber :
00050000 Game
0005000C Game DLC
0005000E Game update

But you can't use the downloaded files for few reasons :
1. you can't decrypt them.
2. you can't install them with wup installer (white list only install titles with "E" and the version title)
3. even if you could install the file, the game will not load the DLC because it's not marked as unlocked/bought when checked by the AOC functions.
4. the DLC are not installed in the /content/ folder, so you can't add the files inside.

In fact, DLC are not always "added files", sometime it's not a new file but an unlocked information for something (data, track, maps, character model, etc.) already present in the game's disc data. the game only check with the AOC function the list of "unlocked DLC" and loads its data based on the returned value.

Reactions: Hiccup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it +1