Hacking Obtaining Content and Code Files?

itsameKevin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I have a personal interest in seeing the content and code in certain Wii U games (that I own, if your wondering), however I've spent about 4 hours over a two-day period attempting to figure out how to obtain these files, mostly because I've NEVER messed with this sort of thing before. The result was me getting JNUS, getting that up and running, and downloading the update and meta files (the latter of which is fairly useless, for my purposes). However, after that, I decided I was tired of the research and web-combing, so I'm resorting to this post.

TL;DR, my bottom-line question: how can I obtain the decrypted content and code files? Can JNUS do it? Is their a way to obtain the encrypted files, and then decrypt them with another tool?

(PS: I am not going to modify my Wii U. So it would have to be from NUS.)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I have a personal interest in seeing the content and code in certain Wii U games (that I own, if your wondering), however I've spent about 4 hours over a two-day period attempting to figure out how to obtain these files, mostly because I've NEVER messed with this sort of thing before. The result was me getting JNUS, getting that up and running, and downloading the update and meta files (the latter of which is fairly useless, for my purposes). However, after that, I decided I was tired of the research and web-combing, so I'm resorting to this post.

TL;DR, my bottom-line question: how can I obtain the decrypted content and code files? Can JNUS do it? Is their a way to obtain the encrypted files, and then decrypt them with another tool?

(PS: I am not going to modify my Wii U. So it would have to be from NUS.)
DDD title dumper will do this for you

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if you get the tik from the ticket site and use that with u wizard you can download and decryet the game on your pc
DDD title dumper will do this for you
they don't want to modify their console.......:creep:...... so that wouldn't work for them (assuming they simply mean they don't want to run any homebred even if it doesn't make any permanent changes to the system....because *reasons*), so i assume they want a way of downloading the game without dumping their own copy

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you get the tik from the ticket site and use that with u wizard you can download and decryet the game on your pc
they don't want to modify their console.......:creep:...... so that wouldn't work for them (assuming they simply mean they don't want to run any homebred even if it doesn't make any permanent changes to the system....because *reasons*), so i assume they want a way of downloading the game without dumping their own copy
Accessing the HBL and launching DDD title dumper does not require modifying the Wii U. You can download DDD and put it on your SD, go to a web page (wiiubru/go) and load up HBL, from there load up DDD and dump your disc game to the folders requested. Reboot and your back to where you started from.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can JNUS do it?
(even though you already have another way to do it) Yes, JNUSTool will do that. Just provide the titleID and the 'title key' (from the title key site) on the command line, then when the gui comes up, click the 'root' box like you did with the update.
Code:
java -jar jnustool.jar 00050000101A101B AB12CD34EF56AB12CD34EF56AB12CD34

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.