Hacking O3DS FW 9.9.0-4U Downgrading Advice

ThisIsMac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, I'm so confused here it's not even funny. I've got the gist of Gateway, 4.5 DS profile L trigger exploit/up to 9.2 browser exploit, I've gone as far as hacking an O3DS and getting Gateway working with 4.5.

I purchased an O3DS and on it was FW 9.9.0-4U and so far the info I have gotten hasn't been good. From what I understand it's not possible to do a browser hack. I tried BrowserHax and got a browser not recognized with boot.3dsx right where it needs to be, I've been successful in the past using a different O3DS and FW. From what I understand I should be getting an update nag, and I'm not. The only thing I can think of is that the previous owner tried to update it to the latest FW and somehow it put an actual usable browser on the thing. I know it's supposed to be a dummy browser but it's straight up there, just doesn't allow me to exploit it.

I've seen it may be possible to possibly get an actual 3DS game and try to exploit it (Cubic Ninja) straight to what I want, which is 4.5 (Hell, I'd take 9.2 and go from there) but I'm just trying to see what's what.

I've also seen people downgrading from 10.3 and doing a downgrade from there. I almost think it would be better to get an actual game that has 10.3, update it and downgrade it with known methods. I don't know, though.

Any advice? I hope so, I want to get this up and running. Thanks!

ThisIsMac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing everything to the smallest detail. I have my SD card, 3DS folder/boot.3dsx in root. I change the theme to a random color, switch back to no theme, switched the time to 1/1/2000, then time to 00:00. I open up browser, immediately go to Initialize Save Data, which asks if I'm sure, I say yes, it does its thing, then goes back to the main menu of the 3ds. I open browser back up, and go to the URL. I'd use the QR code, but on my 3ds, it doesn't even have an option to use a QR code when in camera mode. Did I do something wrong?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do remember it going back to the main menu.

The -4 browser may just be too low a version, in which case you'll need Cubic Ninja, Freakyforms deluxe, or another exploit game.

ThisIsMac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I thought I'd be seeing a dummy browser but it actually has one. It legit works. This is what sucks about buy used, I'm wondering if something happened to the 3DS before coming to me. Alright, if I need Cubic Ninja or something like it, does anyone know if it has to be a specific version of the games? They're about $30 on websites I've checked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: