O3DS formatted after system transfer - am I screwed?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ShadowPirater, Aug 1, 2016.

1. ShadowPirater
    OP

ShadowPirater Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2009
    United States
    beyond reality, in the shadows of nowhere
    I recently set up A9LH on both my N3DS and O3DS via Plailect's guide, then performed a system transfer. Afterwards, the O3DS got formatted, and after the initial panic attack, I see that it retained A9LH and Luma, among a couple of other things.

What I'm worried about is that I don't see FBI, Homebrew Launcher, or Luma Updater anymore, and I don't know how to get them back (if I can at all). Can someone help? Thanks in advance!

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Reinject FBI into Health and Safety using Decrypt9, then use that to reinstall the Homebrew Launcher and Luma Updater (although I recommend StarUpdater).

Posghetti likes this.
  3. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    If you have a nand backup try restoring it. I know after I systransfered my o3DS to N3DS I restored the emunand and it returned everything and worked fine on the O3DS. So if you restore the NAND the programs should be there if you backed up recently.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Is there a difference between star updater and luma updater?

5. ShadowPirater
    OP

ShadowPirater Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2009
    United States
    beyond reality, in the shadows of nowhere
    Thanks for the replies! I'll probably end up trying to use Decrypt9 to recover what I need.

If I restored the CFW SysNAND on my O3DS, will there be any problems if the 2 consoles communicated (via Streetpass)?

6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I've heard that it's better...? Some people recommend it over Luma updater for w/e reason.

7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah, except the guide says to use luma3ds updater, so i dunno, if it is better why would it not be used there? I don't think there is much difference besides whoever published it. :ninja:

8. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I don't think so because the console ID are different. However it killed anything using NNID on the o3DS, so I wound up reformatting and re-downloading everything.