Hardware o3ds charging issue

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an o3ds that I threw together with parts from 2 different o3DSes, the main board being from the one I got online.
Now, I've got everything connected, the screws are where they should be and all that.
But I'm having a strange problem where, when the battery indicator says it's full, I plug in the charger and the charge light at the bottom turns on for 2-3 seconds, then turns off. When that happens, if I disconnect the charger, the battery indicator stays blue with a plug in it, as if it were still plugged in, and putting the charger back in does nothing unless I turn the 3ds off and remove the battery.

If the battery is 3 or less bars on the indicator, plugging it in will light up the charge light, change the indicator, etc. but it doesn't seem to actually charge.

When the 3ds is off, I can plug in the charger, but it will just flick on the charge light for 2-3 seconds and flick it back off.
I know normally it takes more than 2-3 seconds for it to determine if it's charged or not, and this is with a 3/4 battery, so it is most definitely not fully charged.

Now, my fiancee wanted to help and when she took it apart initially she swapped the charge ports because the one on it looked very rusted (actually I think it was cola... but it looked rusted.)
I've since resoldered the charge port a couple times thinking it was the issue, but I'm relatively sure all the feet are on the board now, and this is still happening.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could it be the fuse? How would I even know what to mess with here?

Last edited by BerserkLeon,

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed the charge ports back, nothing. I changed the fuse (by the charge port).. Nothing.
Whatever we did to this doesn't appear to be from either.
.. Might throw in the towl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c