Nyko power pak+ and a 3DS case

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by dire-x, Jul 15, 2011.

Jul 15, 2011

Nyko power pak+ and a 3DS case by dire-x at 6:59 PM (2,159 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. dire-x
    OP

Newcomer dire-x Member

United States
    I just got my 3DS a few minutes ago and now I'm looking to buy a few things for it. Hori screen protectors, a Nyko Power Pak+ and a protective case that I can have on while playing. My question is since the Nyko Power Pak+ adds bulk to the 3DS what are my options for protective cases that I can use with the Power Pak+? I'd really hate to get the case and have it not fit on with the Power Pak...

2. EphenSteve

Newcomer EphenSteve Advanced Member

United States
    theres currently no full body case that is supported for the nyko battery + it adds bulk to the bottom so the cases wont fit, you can however find an aluminum case for the top and bottom that are not connected at the hinge and they just slide onto the 3ds but you will be buying both parts they dont just sell the top piece.

3. dire-x
    OP

Newcomer dire-x Member

United States
    Thanks for the reply.

So it looks like I'm down to deciding between protection for my 3DS or extra battery life... Man I really don't want to have to make this kind of a choice however I'll probably be going for protection then.

4. Lucifer666

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    Get the Nyko and a protective pouch instead of a case.

5. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    I need to say that this is the best there is in a combination. I have a protective case(you know where you can store games etc.) thats should help also.

6. dire-x
    OP

Newcomer dire-x Member

United States
    Are there any protective pouches that are comfortable to use while playing the 3DS? I've seen some but they don't look like they are meant to be used while playing.

7. Lucifer666

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    They're not meant to be used while playing.
    Just make sure it's with you wherever you go and slip your 3DS in there as long as you're not playing.
    If you're an extremist like myself, you'd lay the 3DS in the pouch and hold 'em up both together when playing. [​IMG]

(By the way, I am referring to the protective pouches that have zippers along the edge.. like this one here and not that.

8. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  9. Tapia Would

Newcomer Tapia Would Member

United States
    is it comfortable to play and have that on at the same time and does it secure it good?

10. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Do you mean the case for Power Pak+? The case is for storage only. If you mean the PP+, then yes it is comfortable to hold it. I bought mine with my 3DS so I don't have much experience with the "base" 3DS. From little I have had (demo units, store sample, show demos), i can say the PP+ makes it easier to hold. Wish it was bit larger (I have large hands) but it it was any bigger we wouldn't ever be able to find a case.