Hacking Question NxNandManager 5.0 error

Kallrkyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Have been fidling with NxNandManager, want to resize my old sxos emunand to 8 GB, no need for it to be bigger since i only use it for xci loader
The resize goes as it should, but when i want to create emunand from it is gives an error at 98-99% "An error accurred doing copy"

So just to rule out that it might be something wrong with my resized nand i went to making Atmos emuMMC from my old sxos emunand, its copying 12 GB and then comes with the same error
So made a new emuMMC with Hekate and wanted to convert that one to sxos, just to be sure its not the ones on my hdd that is the problem, but again 15 GB and the eroor comes up again

Any suggestion

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have been fidling with NxNandManager, want to resize my old sxos emunand to 8 GB, no need for it to be bigger since i only use it for xci loader
The resize goes as it should, but when i want to create emunand from it is gives an error at 98-99% "An error accurred doing copy"

So just to rule out that it might be something wrong with my resized nand i went to making Atmos emuMMC from my old sxos emunand, its copying 12 GB and then comes with the same error
So made a new emuMMC with Hekate and wanted to convert that one to sxos, just to be sure its not the ones on my hdd that is the problem, but again 15 GB and the eroor comes up again

Any suggestion
Have you checked to see if the SD card is fake or not?

Kallrkyle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Solved sort of
Can't make SX OS file based emunand without getting a "An error accurred doing copy" at 99%
So tried making AMS file based emunand, that worked, so i just renamed the created files so it would boot SX OS

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Solved sort of
Can't make SX OS file based emunand without getting a "An error accurred doing copy" at 99%
So tried making AMS file based emunand, that worked, so i just renamed the created files so it would boot SX OS
How was made your first Sxos emunand ? Partition or files ? Was your emunand on sd or sysmmc ?
I’ve also being fiddling with NxNand manager and emutool to create on one sd card a dual boot with two EmuMMC, one shrinked for Sxos at 8 go (files based) and one “normal size” for atmosphere (partition), and had some issues depending on “where you come from”.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried that now, result is the same
tried making a 4 GB emunand, that works, but its a little too small for my taste
Strange it works with 4go but not 8 …. I did my emunand of 8 go for Sxos files based, and it worked without errors.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I much prefer 2 partition based EmuNANDs file based corrupt over time.... never heard of partition based corrupting
I have atmosphere on hidden , and Sxos on files based (8 Go so very fast to backup and recover). Saved me headache fiddling with 2 hidden partitions.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cool. it was easy really but more power to you. I had it corrupt before.. its not the restore but the loss of saves that bother me
You’re right, saves is what matters. Do you have the two hidden partition side by side or Sxos at the beginning and atmosphere at the end ?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’re right, saves is what matters. Do you have the two hidden partition side by side or Sxos at the beginning and atmosphere at the end ?

Hmm good question. Side by side iirc..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will look when i can. I followed the tutorial i linked

Reactions: Maupiti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared