TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED
New posts, edits, and any changes will not be saved during the transition period.
Registrations are temporarily disabled until the migration is complete.

1. shinwg

OP shinwg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Anyone know another file transferring app
    Cause with nxmtp always crash at 3.99 gb

2. trueicecold

trueicecold Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm pretty sure that's the MTP limit, not the app itself. For bigger files you can use Goldleaf.

3. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    It is absolutely not the MTP limit. MTP allows transfer big files. But responder and initiator should know how to do that.
    nxmtp as responder does not.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Look for NSCB topic - there NSCB's author forces some closed source russian nro that can transfer files bigger than 4Gb via MTP and even save them on FAT32 formatted cards.

4. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Yeah, I also believe that's the limit of nxmtp (4gb). Out of curiosity, what kind of big file are you trying to transfer? If it's big nsp files, why not install through USB? Nobody copies nsp files to the SD card anymore. If we're talking about big xci files for SXOS, they can be split. But to answer your question, you can use Hekate's USB transfer tool. It works fine. But I never tried to transfer such a big file with it. I couldn't do it anyway, as I'm using FAT32.

5. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    According to NSCB's author FAT32 is not a problem - you can transfer any file size. For example movie

6. shinwg

OP shinwg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am trying to transfer nsp using usb or type c to type c but I used this app for the switch to show up on pc

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks man I’ll look into that cause every time I need to remove the sd is a pain

7. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    At the risk of repeating myself, you should really look into installing nsp files directly to your Switch via USB, instead of copying and then installing. It would save you some time, and you could reformat your SD card to FAT32 to be safe from corruption on EXFAT. You could use this app, but there are more choices out there if it doesn't work for you (it should, though).
    https://github.com/developersu/ns-usbloader

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - alternative, Nxmtp,