Homebrew WIP nxdumptool - Nintendo Switch Dump Tool

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what we know, would it be advisable to NOT dump the cart certificate in most use cases? I wouldn't want to risk a cartridge ban.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
From what we know, would it be advisable to NOT dump the cart certificate in most use cases? I wouldn't want to risk a cartridge ban.

It's totally safe to dump the certificates from any cartridge you own. What's really unsafe is sharing that certificate (or a full game card dump that contains it) on the Internet.

As long as you keep it to yourself, there's no problem.

Reactions: mooglazer

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you share any error codes / screenshots? That would help me check what's wrong and fix it for a next release.

All dump procedures will get a new naming scheme for the next version, that's already done in my checklist.

Ahh cool! I didn't realize that you meant all dump procedures when you mentioned that earlier!

Here's a screenshot of what I get with Ys VIII:
https://i.imgur.com/CM3lv1M.jpg

Thanks again! =)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
gcdumptool updated to v1.0.5. As usual, go check the changelog in the first post. And if you're eager to see some of the changes, take a look at this:

2018063002310800-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

I'd like to thank @AnalogMan for his continuous support and ideas. Some very neat features wouldn't have been included in this and other versions if it wasn't for him.

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's totally safe to dump the certificates from any cartridge you own. What's really unsafe is sharing that certificate (or a full game card dump that contains it) on the Internet.

As long as you keep it to yourself, there's no problem.

Does that mean you can play with that backup in the future without risk of getting banned since that is your own certificate?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Does that mean you can play with that backup in the future without risk of getting banned since that is your own certificate?

Yes. It is assumed to be the case, though. I don't really know if Nintendo is capable of detecting SX OS execution.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore,

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving the new update. I updated my switch to 4.1.0 from 4.0.1 and I've been able to dump all of my carts now. When I dump a cart that's not in the nswdb xml file, there's a weird bug (the error gets printed to the top of the screen). Here's a screenshot:

gQ2xIWu.jpg

Thanks again for this awesome tool!

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Loving the new update. I updated my switch to 4.1.0 from 4.0.1 and I've been able to dump all of my carts now. When I dump a cart that's not in the nswdb xml file, there's a weird bug (the error gets printed to the top of the screen). Here's a screenshot:

gQ2xIWu.jpg

Thanks again for this awesome tool!

Thanks for reporting it! I'll commit a quick fix.

EDIT: It's done, the binary has been updated in the releases tab from the GitHub repository.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore,
Reactions: yesimnathan
D

Deleted User

I dumped a few tonight using hbmenu under TX OS and everything worked fine so far.

Great work on the program I love being able to trim instantly.

Thank you!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Will this dump a card 2 game or the certificate on firmware 5.1.0? Sorry for asking I just need a quick answer also does the backup load with sx os? I need to dump wolfenstein 2 I just thought all dumpers worked on card 2 but seems not, if not just the certificate will do me

Last edited by Reecey,

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this dump a card 2 game or the certificate on firmware 5.1.0? Sorry for asking I just need a quick answer also does the backup load with sx os? I need to dump wolfenstein 2 I just thought all dumpers worked on card 2 but seems not, if not just the certificate will do me

I dumped wolfenstein 2 with this dumper the other day. You can dump certs separately or in the xci itself.

Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty I never tried going online with a modded game