• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

Nvida vs Crypto miners. Your thoughts.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I don't even remember saying that but helllllll yeah
me trying to remember what i learned in class vs me remembering stupid shit other people said on the internet
5F755A09-68A3-4E96-8DDA-C31406EE90B1.jpeg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gold reserve backs ur country, ur country backs its own currency. Crypto hasn't both of two: it isn't back by neither GOLD or any nations.
USD is blood money. Backed by the oil trade, which is propped up by endless wars in the Middle East. Now that the government is spending trillions every month or so, they have to print more to offset the spending. This means that there is no scarcity, and thus inherently no value whatsoever. The only thing keeping it valid with other nations is the threat of military invasion.

Cryptos however do have a hard limit as to how many can exist. Once they are all mined, they become scarce and thus have value.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
USD is blood money. Backed by the oil trade, which is propped up by endless wars in the Middle East. Now that the government is spending trillions every month or so, they have to print more to offset the spending. This means that there is no scarcity, and thus inherently no value whatsoever. The only thing keeping it valid with other nations is the threat of military invasion.

Cryptos however do have a hard limit as to how many can exist. Once they are all mined, they become scarce and thus have value.
you know i hate Cryptomining for other reason: there go all 3090 cards and if you want one 3090 u have to buy from orphan scalpers!

And Bitcoin is back-ed by AIR and how many people want them.

Last edited by leon315,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
THEY are scum and ruining the video card industry. gone are the days when you can get a good deal on a video card to upgrade. FUCKING MINERS SCUM! hope crypto falls real soon i'm praying for the day when it happens. your beanie baby day will come mark my words!

• Haha
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Linus showed a new video of Nvidias new crypto-mining cards made from stripped down Ampere chipsets, and it's impressive. I am hoping these new crypto cards will drive prices back down to MSRP, once this fake "chip shortage" bullshit is over with. (It only takes 12 days to grow silicon ingots for chips. I've done it at SolarWorld USA. The shortage is proven fake, as there is NO shortage of silicon in the world.)

LeonTheo02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Crypto miners buying up all the newer gaming GPUs has really been a big pain for many... I cant upgrade my current GPU for a reasonable price just because some people want to make lots of money by wasting lots of power...

Its crazy enough that buying a prebuilt currently is cheaper than building your own, lets hope this does not continue on for much longer!

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0