Not open for further replies.

denots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off, I have versoin 4.2. About a year ago i soft modded my wii using a walk through i found on this site. I have had no problems till yesterday. I tried watching netflix and it keeps freezing during movie selection. i am using usbloaderx to run the backedup netflix cd. Found someone else with this prob, they said they updated the shop channel and installed the netflix from there and now all is well.
So now im trying to update the shop channel without doing a system update. Found a post saying i needed dop-mii. i pulled up this link

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/DOP-Mii

for installation is says " Installing Boot2

In order to do this, Boot2v4.wad is required on your SD card or USB device. This safety measure ensures that you are fully aware of the dangers of installing boot2. You can obtain the WAD with NUSD. "

So i installed NUSD and pulled up this page

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

under usage it says "Load the program, and enter a title ID and optionally a version number. Title IDs can be found in the Title database or IOS History."
i have no idea what title id i should be using.

Since there are more steps, im sure ill be needing more help after this step. And before anyone come in and posts "does anyone try searching before they post" i have and i find this sites search to suck. 38000 results for "homebrew" "error 116" and on the 1st 2-3 pages not a single one contained error 116.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@denots - you should be a bit nicer when someone tries to help, you did after all, ask the question.

You should take a good look at ModMii, it will save you headaches (and probably other questions), later.

leuk_he

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just want to report an error..

started modmii.. answered some options for a new modding...

Code:
NUS Downloader Command Line v0.2 by wiiNinja. Original GUI code by WB3000
000000010000003C
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
TitleVersion is specified. Retrieving version 6174
Grabbing tmd.6174...
Grabbing cetk...
NUS TMD Downloaded - 2816 bytes
Content #: 15
Grabbing 00000000...
Grabbing 00000001...
Grabbing 00000002...
Grabbing 00000003...
Grabbing 00000004...
Grabbing 00000005...
Grabbing 00000006...
Grabbing 00000007...
Grabbing 00000008...
Grabbing 00000009...
Grabbing 0000000a...
NUS (404): 0000000a   (a window spops up that there was an error and nusd.exe needs to be terminated)

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'tmd.6
174' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recu
rsive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)

at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)
at NUS_Downloader.Form1.DeleteTitleDirectory()
at NUS_Downloader.Form1.NUSDownloader_DoWork()
at NUSDownloaderClass.Main(String[] args)
The system cannot find the file specified.

This file has failed to download properly multiple times, Skipping download.
modmii starts to loop from this. (and a file named tmd.6174 is left in a support dir)

I will try work arround this using a different downloader or a different computer. but... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?
I am ready to give more info....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P