Hacking NUD Blender Vertex Editor Release

Astril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tool allows you to change existing vertices of an existing nud file. It will then allow you to inject directly from the tool with minimal loading time. There is a quick video tutorial if you need to know how to access/use it. UV import is in the works, meaning texture support.
Download here
Video tutorial

WARNING: There's a problem when trying to update the add-on. I'm working on resolving it but for now please follow the update instruction on the GitHub page.

Last edited by Astril,

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And it doesn't require proprietary tools(even though it's quite easy to get 3ds max because of the student program). Thanks!

Astril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this!

Is there any chance of a .nut add-on so we can also see the texture while editing vertices?
This is a planned feature. Smb123w64gb and I are working on it. It'll be part of the import once complete, along with UV inject.

Last edited by Astril,
D

Deleted User

I have attempted to install the NUD Tool that you have created for Blender. Whenever I select to install the blendernudtool.py it will close the window that I used to navigate to the script and install it but the tool does not seem to install. It does not appear in the addon list and I can't seem to find the reason as to why this is the case. I used the .py file directly from your github repo and I followed the video that you made on how to install your tool and it just does not seem to work for me. This is even a brand new install of the most recent version Blender so I don't think there should be any conflicts. If you have any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

Reactions: Astril

Astril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have attempted to install the NUD Tool that you have created for Blender. Whenever I select to install the blendernudtool.py it will close the window that I used to navigate to the script and install it but the tool does not seem to install. It does not appear in the addon list and I can't seem to find the reason as to why this is the case. I used the .py file directly from your github repo and I followed the video that you made on how to install your tool and it just does not seem to work for me. This is even a brand new install of the most recent version Blender so I don't think there should be any conflicts. If you have any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.
The tool has been updated to be installed from a zip file so make sure you are downloading from the GitHub source as a zip with all files included.

D

Deleted User

The tool has been updated to be installed from a zip file so make sure you are downloading from the GitHub source as a zip with all files included.
I have tried this as well. In fact it was the first thing I tried as the annotation in your tutorial told me to do so. Same result. The window asking me what to install closes and at the top of my screen I get a message stating modules installed but they still do not appear. I will attach a 7z file with screenshots showing you exactly what happens.

Attachments

• ScreenShot.7z
    660.6 KB · Views: 250

Astril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried this as well. In fact it was the first thing I tried as the annotation in your tutorial told me to do so. Same result. The window asking me what to install closes and at the top of my screen I get a message stating modules installed but they still do not appear. I will attach a 7z file with screenshots showing you exactly what happens.
Check your appdata to make sure they are there. I'm not entirely sure what could be causing the problem. I would have to do some debugging but I don't have access to your computer. Sorry but not much more I can do.

D

Deleted User

Check your appdata to make sure they are there. I'm not entirely sure what could be causing the problem. I would have to do some debugging but I don't have access to your computer. Sorry but not much more I can do.
Just did some debugging of my own and got it to work. It did install when I selected the zip file like you said, but it does not install correctly. It creates a folder named after the original zip file you install from and then it places the script files within. This makes the addon folder in the appdata area look like image 1 in the .7z file attached to this post. Blender does not properly read the .py files within that folder causing the addon not to appear. If you manually install all three .py files from your github repo into the blender appdata addon folder, your NUD Tool is found by Blender and it works. An example of this manual install is show in image 2 in the .7z file attached to this post.

Upon further investigation I found that the issue is with how github packages the zip file. The folder structure caused by github packing the zip file adds extra folders within the zip, this is what causes the extra folder within the Blender appdata addons folder. If the zip file does not contain any folders and has the .py files in its root directory Blender installs your NUD Tool correctly. I have attached the zip file that can be used to properly install your NUD tool.

Attachments

• Examples.7z
    220.7 KB · Views: 302
  • NUDTool.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 684

Astril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did some debugging of my own and got it to work. It did install when I selected the zip file like you said, but it does not install correctly. It creates a folder named after the original zip file you install from and then it places the script files within. This makes the addon folder in the appdata area look like image 1 in the .7z file attached to this post. Blender does not properly read the .py files within that folder causing the addon not to appear. If you manually install all three .py files from your github repo into the blender appdata addon folder, your NUD Tool is found by Blender and it works. An example of this manual install is show in image 2 in the .7z file attached to this post.

Upon further investigation I found that the issue is with how github packages the zip file. The folder structure caused by github packing the zip file adds extra folders within the zip, this is what causes the extra folder within the Blender appdata addons folder. If the zip file does not contain any folders and has the .py files in its root directory Blender installs your NUD Tool correctly. I have attached the zip file that can be used to properly install your NUD tool.
Thanks for finding this out. I'll update the readme and post a release zip instead.

Astril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works now. Try updating it. It was a problem with it looking for the bones but there aren't any for stages.

A Jewel of Rarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works now. Try updating it. It was a problem with it looking for the bones but there aren't any for stages.
it is still failing
a7a92899edeb595cab2c7d853dfeb20d.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters