NTSC Virtual Console on PAL Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mrwout, Apr 15, 2010.

1. mrwout
    OP

mrwout Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Hey this is pretty much a noob question I guess but I really can't find the answer to it, I used the search function and google but couldn't really find the solution.

Can I install NTSC virtual console WAD files on a PAL Wii and play them, without bricking it. I know there is Anyregion changer, but I don't want to change the region of my Wii, I just want the better quality NTSC VC has. I also know there is freethewads but I don't know if this works for VC without creating the PAL VC troubles like wrong speed, screen borders etc.

Any can help on this matter ?

(I'm not sure in which board I had to post this since it's not really hacking, it's not really emulating, it's not really a loader and it's not really homebrew)

EDIT: Apparently there is now ShowMiiWads wich also can change the region apparently how does this fit in the equation ?

2. aragon

aragon GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I use freethewads from the WiiTools package for this purpose.

Works in most cases, I remember I had to wait for the proper PAL release for a game I don't remember now.

Just try it, shouldn't be hard to find.

3. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice