NTSC gamecube games on Pal wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by darkbillie, Sep 30, 2008.

1. darkbillie
    OP

darkbillie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    first of al maybe i didnt searched good enough but still

i just got an japanese gamecube game that i whant to run on my wii...my wii does have the homebrew channel and a wiikey chip in it,now i also got gecko os 1.6 and the new 1.7 but the gamecube game dosnt run on both so how do i get this game to work

2. callmebob

callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Jan 24, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Bitburger Brewery (a lot)
    1st, have you used the wiikey config disc to set the GC region free option?

While you´re at it, set the streaming fix to on, unless you know your iso´s are already patched. If you don´t know then they´re probably not.

Shouldn´t have any problems after that, but if you do, you may want to try the any region app to help, but only if you have a clue what you are doing. Cause if you don´t you just might brick your Wii.

Good Luck.

3. darkbillie
    OP

darkbillie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    ye it already was on region free...it says at the ''normal'' load up screen cant find disk, but if i do it with gecko os 1.7 it works..now anotehr problem pops up i was trying to play naruto ninja taisen 4 it all works fine until i come in the main menu then suddenly the screen goes black with a bunce of japanese chars in it and saying that i must tunr of my gamecube/wii i burned the game with an verbatim on6x speed and 2.4x speed so maybe one of you know the problem