Hacking ntrhax isn't starting

SuperKaiUwe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought a R4i Gold 3DS Plus. I put everything I need on the sdcard of my 3ds xl. But when I put the magnet on and hold select, start, x and power nothing happens. I just see a black screen and i tried waiting a few minutes but nothing happens. Can someone tell me why?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a R4i Gold 3DS Plus. I put everything I need on the sdcard of my 3ds xl. But when I put the magnet on and hold select, start, x and power nothing happens. I just see a black screen and i tried waiting a few minutes but nothing happens. Can someone tell me why?
you need to either set the cart to ntrboot mode or flash the cart with ntrboot

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no inside is a switch to switch it in to ntrmode
Did you do the procedure correctly?

Insert the cart and the SD card, hold down X+START+SELECT, press the power button, and wait?

Also make sure the .firm file is on the 3DS's SD card, and NOT the flashcart's microSD card.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no inside is a switch to switch it in to ntrmode
the cart is switched properly if it does not appear on the home menu when inserted if thats the case make sure the boot.firm and well the rest of the files it tells you to transfer to sd all go to the console sd card you dont even need the flashcart sd card after flashing/switching it

SuperKaiUwe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you do the procedure correctly?

Insert the cart and the SD card, hold down X+START+SELECT, press the power button, and wait?

Also make sure the .firm file is on the 3DS's SD card, and NOT the flashcart's microSD card.
Everything is correctly done. I'm trying to start it for an hour now and it doesn't work.

dpad_5678

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what I did
You may have a faulty ntrboot cart or cartridge slot. Try another NDS/3DS cartridge on your system. Does it recognize it?
Try cleaning the cartridge's contacts with a Q-Tip and a drop of alcohol.
Also, does the cartridge work as a normal NDS flashcart if you flip the switch to that mode? If not, as I said, your cart could be defective and you'd want to contact the seller.

SuperKaiUwe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You may have a faulty ntrboot cart or cartridge slot. Try another NDS/3DS cartridge on your system. Does it recognize it?
Try cleaning the cartridge's contacts with a Q-Tip and a drop of alcohol.
Also, does the cartridge work as a normal NDS flashcart if you flip the switch to that mode? If not, as I said, your cart could be defective and you'd want to contact the seller.
everything is clean and the flashcart works as a nds flashcart if I flip the switch.

dpad_5678

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything is clean and the flashcart works as a nds flashcart if I flip the switch.
Not sure what to tell you, then. Do you have another console that you can test it out on, or perhaps temporary access to someone else's console? If you still can't get it to work, I would honestly just return the cart and pickup one of these instead, as they are very reliable for ntrboot.

Or maybe there's something else that I'm missing here, but I don't see that.

SuperKaiUwe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure what to tell you, then. Do you have another console that you can test it out on, or perhaps temporary access to someone else's console? If you still can't get it to work, I would honestly just return the cart and pickup one of these instead, as they are very reliable for ntrboot.

Or maybe there's something else that I'm missing here, but I don't see that.
You are right. I should return the card and pick a different one. Thanks for helping me.

Reactions: dpad_5678

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It took a whole for me to do it too. Just use s slightly stronger magnet than your using now. It's a pain to hold all down and have a magnet there too especially if it slides and doesn't hit the sweet spot. Or get someone else to hold magnet still and you press the combo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM