Hacking NTRBOOT IS OUT!!!!

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Using d3m3vilurr's Decrypt9 branch and his ak2ifirm generator tool, I have a working AK2i. It still works fine as a flashcart on CFW 3DSes, and it boots my 2DS into Luma (I downgraded to 11.0 and uninstalled B9S to test this).

Given that ntrboot_flasher didn't recognize this particular AK2i and didn't make my other AK2i work as an ntrboot cart, I think it currently is not working for AK2i.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I found it!!!

If anyone else is interested
https://www.wish.com/m/c/5841852f63ee2c4efff351e1
Also http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

Reactions: Kioku

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
I can boot into AKAIO just fine on the 3DS. Can any of the developers confirm this?

Alright. Using d3m3vilurr's Decrypt9 branch and his ak2ifirm generator tool, I have a working AK2i. It still works fine as a flashcart on CFW 3DSes, and it boots my 2DS into Luma (I downgraded to 11.0 and uninstalled B9S to test this).

Given that ntrboot_flasher didn't recognize this particular AK2i and didn't make my other AK2i work as an ntrboot cart, I think it currently is not working for AK2i.

Also http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

Then worked for you with the other stuff?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Unrelated, but I have a bricked SCDS2, can this flasher (when it does support SCDS2) maybe flash it to a usable state?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got lucky and double checked my DS flashcart. It's the 3DS R4 Gold RTS version. Grabbed a stock 3DS with 11.5 and my B9S CFW. Everything freaking works and now I've got a 11.5 3DS with B9S running within 10 minutes.
"How do I get a B9S 3DS if I need a B9S 3DS to install the saves?" Also I know about powersaves but I can see how some people think that it's pointless buying

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Not likely, the DSTWO and DSTWO+ have CPUs and don't work like normal flashcarts.
Though the CPU might used in the special update mode it probably won't get in the way of normal flashing no?
Don't know how these things even do updates though (maybe through the save flash chip interface?), guess I'll wait and see if the SCDS2 gets support.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though the CPU might used in the special update mode it probably won't get in the way of normal flashing no?
Don't know how these things even do updates though (maybe through the save flash chip interface?), guess I'll wait and see if the SCDS2 gets support.
I have no clue. I don't have a DSTWO.

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the DSTWO, if the card find a "dstwoupdate.dat" at the root of the sdcard, the card will try to update the firmware from this file.

fanni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tried doing it but refuses to start up the installer just black screen and once i remove the magnet it goes to 3ds dash

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
For the DSTWO, if the card find a "dstwoupdate.dat" at the root of the sdcard, the card will try to update the firmware from this file.
Yeah that's one of the 2 methods of updating.
There's another that updates when you can't even start the card, but mine is so bricked not even that works.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Really ?
Never heard of that 2nd method.

Yes, the dstwoupdateb method, slightly more risky than a standard update (as there is no kind of progress bar or indicator or anything) but it works even if you updated your dsi/3ds and thus can't boot the dstwo.

I got lucky and double checked my DS flashcart. It's the 3DS R4 Gold RTS version. Grabbed a stock 3DS with 11.5 and my B9S CFW. Everything freaking works and now I've got a 11.5 3DS with B9S running within 10 minutes.
"How do I get a B9S 3DS if I need a B9S 3DS to install the saves?" Also I know about powersaves but I can see how some people think that it's pointless buying

Hopefully there will be a .nds mode flasher/"updater" for the R4i in the future.

lostdotfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok to add a little to my error report.

O3DS never hacked on 11.5
AK2i identified as HW81 from nds-card.com
Backed up card on my hacked N3DS and inject ntrboot
Card no longer shows up in home menu
Using the key combo on the O3ds - bright blue power light nothing on screen. Few seconds later, power light dims. Still nothing on screen.
Remove magnet and I'm in the home menu.

Axorve

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying with my official ackeard 2i, but when i start dumping, say me :
chipID : 985847FF
HW rev :985847FF ( or other random number ).

My linker don't work on DSI/3DS, idk why, but when i put him 3DS, ntboor find him.

lostdotfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok to add a little to my error report.

O3DS never hacked on 11.5
AK2i identified as HW81 from nds-card.com
Backed up card on my hacked N3DS and inject ntrboot
Card no longer shows up in home menu
Using the key combo on the O3ds - bright blue power light nothing on screen. Few seconds later, power light dims. Still nothing on screen.
Remove magnet and I'm in the home menu.

Restored the card and it works again - still not booting ntrcardhax. Gonna try my R4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock